Start off the morning with crispy air fryer bacon. Cooked to perfection, it’s fried without constant flipping. No more hovering over a skillet with grease popping and splattering everywhere. We make our bacon the no-fuss way.
WHY AIR FRY BACON
- Contained mess. Instead of dealing with bacon grease splattered over multiple surfaces (including your apron or shirt), air frying keeps the mess enclosed within the countertop machine.
- Easy clean-up: After cooking, clean the basket and drip pan in sudsy water. Give the interior a quick wipe down with a damp kitchen cloth. Many air fryers now feature components that are dishwasher safe. [Check your owner’s manual to see how to clean your machine.]
- A smoke-free kitchen. Unlike pan frying, with this easy recipe and tips you’ll enjoy a smoke-free cooking experience.
- Consistent results. Hot air constantly circulates around the bacon delivering evenly-cooked slices every time.
- The bacon is leaner and a bit healthier. While air frying, the grease drips down and away from the meat into the outer basket. When cooking strips on stovetop, they sit submerged in their own grease.
DID YOU KNOW? Crisp browned strips of bacon have a more complex flavor than fatty undercooked slices? Say goodbye to uneven results on stovetop. Enjoy the best flavor and texture with air fryer bacon.
what to EAT with air fryer bacon
For breakfast and brunch, savory bacon is the meat of choice. For a quick hand-held meal, assemble breakfast burritos. Make everything in the air fryer: bacon, scrambled eggs and potatoes. Wrap them in flour tortillas.
Here are more breakfast pairings for bacon.
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Bacon Egg Cups
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Crepes
- Avocado Toast
- Bacon: This recipe works with any kind of bacon. Select classic, thick or center-cut. You can find high-quality bacon at the butcher’s counter. If you like turkey bacon, you can use that too.
- Black Pepper (optional seasoning): For a flavor boost with a touch of heat, add a pinch of black pepper to the bacon after flipping it over.
🥓 HOW TO COOK BACON IN AIR FRYER
Bacon can be cooked in 2 countertop appliances. The basket-style air fryer (instructions below), and a convection-oven air fryer. For the oven type, use a small metal rack over a baking tray. Arrange the slices in a single layer. Cook in the center of the oven at 380°F using the “Air Fry” function.
📖 RECIPE STEPS
RECIPE PREP: Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to help prevent the grease drippings from smoking. Preheat machine to 380°F. After preheating, line the bottom of the basket with parchment paper (optional).
- STEP 1: With tongs, arrange 4 slices of bacon in the basket. Lay them in a single layer – flat and straight. If needed, cut strips in half with kitchen shears. The slices should not overlap, but can be slightly touching.
- STEP 2: For thick bacon, air fry 8 to 10 minutes. For thin bacon, air fry 5 to 7 minutes. Halfway through the cook time, flip the slices over. Cook to your desired doneness – medium crisp or extra crispy.
- STEP 3: With tongs, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off some grease. Important: Before prepping the second batch of bacon, carefully empty the grease from the outer basket. Pour it into a heat-safe container, like a Pyrex glass measuring cup.
- STEP 4: Air fry the remaining slices of bacon.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Air fryers cook differently depending on size, make and model. Bacon comes in different thicknesses. Monitor the first batch of bacon during cooking. Notate the exact cooking time for future reference.
👩🏻🍳 RECIPE TIPS & FAQ
These are the most commonly-asked questions for achieving the BEST air fryer bacon and the most helpful answers for recipe success.
It’s not necessary to oil the basket as bacon is very fatty and will shed off grease. And the bacon strips should not be touching the sides of the basket – only the bottom. If the strips are too long, cut them in half. After preheating, line the bottom of the basket with parchment paper.
Air fry bacon at 380°F. It’s the optimal temperature for browning and crisping. The bacon cooks quickly and evenly without burning.
The smoke point for bacon is 400°F. To prevent smoking, air fry bacon just below that. Before cooking, add 1 cup water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to prevent hot drippings from creating smoke. Some people line the bottom of the basket with slice of sandwich bread to absorb grease. Between batches, empty grease from the outer basket.
For sweet/savory bacon, brush the strips with maple syrup (or a brown-sugar-butter mix) after flipping them while cooking. To increase the savory flavor, season with a blend of cumin and paprika. To add heat, sprinkle the slices with black pepper or chipotle chili powder.
When stored in the fridge in an airtight container or zip-top bag, cooked bacon can stay fresh for up to 3 days. For the crispest results, reheat slices in the air fryer, a conventional oven, or in a skillet on stovetop.
MORE WAYS TO ENJOY BACON
Crunchy bacon is a versatile ingredient. It’s not just for breakfast. Add a few crispy strips to cheeseburgers. Crumble it up and fold it into a casserole. Use it as a topping for bacon cheese burger soup, salads, and veggies.
Here are some easy appetizers and sides to pair with bacon. Print them out. Add them to your recipe arsenal.
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
- Jalapeño Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Cream Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Mushroom Polenta with Bacon
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this BEST air fryer recipe for beautiful crispy bacon. The crispness, color and texture is perfect. The taste is amazing.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
CRISPY AIR fryer bacon
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Slices 1x
Crispy air fryer bacon is perfectly cooked, like savory bacon from a breakfast diner. Make this easy recipe in just a few minutes. Enjoy while warm. It’s so delicious.
- 8 bacon slices (thick or thin), divided
- Black pepper – optional
RECIPE PREP: Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to help prevent the bacon grease from smoking. Preheat machine to 380°F. After preheating, line the bottom of the basket with parchment paper (optional).
- With tongs, arrange 4 slices of bacon in the basket. Lay them in a single layer – flat and straight. If needed, cut the strips in half with kitchen shears. Slices should not overlap, but can be slightly touching.
- For thin bacon, air fry 5 to 7 minutes. For thick bacon, air fry 8 to 10 minutes. Halfway through the cook time, flip the slices over. Cook to your desired doneness – medium crisp or extra crispy.
- With tongs, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Carefully empty the grease from the outer basket. Pour it into a heat-safe container like a Pyrex glass measuring cup.
- Proceed with air frying the remaining slices of bacon.
Important note: Air fryers cook differently depending on size, make and model. Bacon comes in different thicknesses. Monitor the first batch of bacon while it’s cooking. Pull out the basket and check on it. Notate the exact cooking time for future reference.
How to cook bacon in an air fryer/toaster oven: Use a small metal rack over a baking tray. Arrange the slices in a single layer. Cook in the center of the oven at 380°F using the “Air Fry” function. Flip the strips once – halfway through the cooking time.
- Prep Time: 1 Minute
- Cook Time: 14 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Bacon, Bacon in Air Fryer, Crispy Air Fryer Bacon, How to Cook Bacon in Air Fryer
CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON 👉🏻 JOIN THE CONVO
For bacon, what level of doneness do you prefer? Lightly crisp and bendable, straight and crispy, or extra crispy? What are your favorite breakfast dishes to pair with bacon? Share your thoughts below.