Crispy, crunchy, air fryer chicken wings! This delicious Game Day appetizer is a real crowd pleaser. Make this easy fried chicken recipe in 30 minutes!
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water. Eliminate all moisture – this is very important! Dry them between paper towels. Get those wings super dry!
- Place the dried chicken wings in a zip-top bag. Add baking powder, salt and pepper. Zip the bag closed. Shake and massage it to fully distribute the baking powder and spices over the wings. Every piece should be coated.
- Spray down the cooking basket with canola oil. Arrange the wings in a single layer in the basket. (Do not spray chicken wings with oil.)
- Air fry for 10 mins at 475°F. Use tongs to flip the wings over.
- Air fry for 8 mins at 475°F.
- Crips things up really well: Air fry for 2 mins at 500°F. You should hear a nice crisp crunch when pressing down on the skin!
AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS FAQ:
- CAN CHICKEN WINGS BE STACKED IN THE AIR FRYER? No. Never stack the wings! Always place them in a single layer with a little room in between. For crispy chicken wings, the air fryer heating element must be able to direct heat onto the individual pieces and circulate hot air around them.
- HOW LONG TO FRY CHICKEN WINGS IN THE AIR FRYER? Always use a meat thermometer to check doneness. But for crispy wings, they’ll need to fry a bit longer than that. Once your wings are fairly crisp, turn up the heat as far it goes. Air fry for another 2-3 minutes. When you press the skin and hear a nice crisp crunch you’ve achieved success: crispy air fryer chicken wings!
- CAN FROZEN WINGS BE AIR FRIED? Chicken wings need to be defrosted before air frying. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. In a time crunch, purchase fresh poultry!
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Fried Chicken Wings, Crispy Chicken Wings