Enjoy air fryer corn on the cob that’s crisp, tender and delicious! Drizzle melted butter over the freshly-cooked cobs and season to taste. This wholesome recipe is quick and simple to make.
- 2 ears of sweet corn (bi-color, white or yellow)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: Italian parsley
RECIPE PREP: Soften the butter on countertop. Shuck the ears of corn. Remove long silk fibers. Discard husks and fibers. Rinse the corn. Dab it dry between lint-free towels. Trim both ends with a knife.
- Spray or brush the pieces of corn with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle salt on all sides.
- In a single layer, arrange corn inside the air fryer basket leaving space between the pieces. To fit longer cobs inside the basket, you may need to snap them in half. Air fry 8 minutes at 375°F.
- Flip the corn over. Cook 5 minutes more. The cobs should be lightly golden, with the kernels tender yet firm. With your fingers, do a squeeze test on one or more kernels. See if they’re cooked to your liking.
- Spread butter lavishly over the corn. Season as desired. Optional: sprinkle the cobs with chopped Italian parsley. Serve and enjoy.
IDEAS FOR GARNISHING CORN ON THE COB
- TRADITIONAL: Butter, sea salt, freshly-ground black pepper, and chopped Italian parsley.
- ITALIAN STYLE: Smears of butter, pesto and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
- NEW ORLEANS STYLE: Add Cajun seasoning and a few drops of Tabasco sauce to the melted butter. Finish with a sprinkling of Italian parsley.
- SWEET TOOTH: Add a touch of granulated sugar to the melted butter.
- SAVORY SPREAD: Add garlic powder to the butter along with shallots that have been sautéed until lightly golden and a pinch of dried Herbes de Provence.
- MEXICAN-STYLE ELOTE: Spread mayonnaise, Mexican crema or sour cream over freshly-cooked corn. Garnish with chili powder or tajin and cilantro. Serve with juicy wedges of Mexican lime.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Corn on the Cob, Air Fryer Corn