Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer is quick and simple. Achieve perfect eggs every time. Say goodbye to overdone rubbery eggs. Say hello to brilliant whites and sunshiny yolks.
For Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
For Ice Water Bath
- Ice, any type (cubed, crushed, etc.)
- Cold tap water
RECIPE PREP: Create an ice water bath. 👉🏻 Fill a large bowl halfway full of ice. Cover the ice with cold tap water. Set the bowl aside. (If no ice on hand, later cool the hot eggs under cold running water.)
- Select the number of eggs you’d like to cook. For best results, cook 6 to 12 eggs at a time.
- Arrange the eggs in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Spread them out so they’re not clustered together. If enough room, leave space between them. Cook at 250°F for 15 minutes.
- With a scoop colander, immediately transfer hard boiled eggs to the ice water bath. Leave them there tin the bowl to cool completely – about 10 to 15 minutes. This will halt the cooking process, so the eggs don’t continue to cook in residual heat. Once the eggs are cool, don’t drain off the water.
- How to peel a perfect hard boiled egg: Tap the bottom and sides of the shell on the side of the bowl to crack it. Re-submerge the egg under the ice-cold water and peel away the shell.
Kitchen notes: The cook time may vary depending on the size and model of your air fryer, the size of the eggs, and the number of eggs being cooked. If you don’t have an air fryer basket, just cook the eggs on a grill rack.
How to store hard boiled eggs: After cooling, place peeled or unpeeled eggs in a sealed container or zip-top bag. Store them on the middle shelf of the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs, Hard Boiled Eggs in Air Fryer, Boil Eggs in Air Fryer, How to Hard Boil Eggs in Air Fryer