A sweet slice of Americana, Ambrosia fruit salad is a time-honored recipe that’s quick and simple to make! Light, airy and fluffy, this scrumptious dessert salad is absolutely heavenly! Perfect for summer get-togethers, family gatherings, and church potlucks, this is also a traditional recipe for Thanksgiving fruit salad.
- 1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 2/3 cup honey-vanilla Greek yogurt*
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (or flaked coconut)
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges, well drained
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup green seedless grapes, rinsed and dried
- 1 10-ounce jar Maraschino cherries (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 cups colorful, fruit-flavored mini marshmallows
- Garnishes: shredded coconut and Maraschino cherries with stems
- With a rubber spatula, scoop out the defrosted Cool Whip and add it to a large mixing bowl along with the Greek yogurt. Lightly fold these two ingredients together.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and gently fold them in. Be careful not to over-mix as the Cool Whip can become deflated if overworked. We want our dessert salad to be light and fluffy!
- Transfer to a large vintage-style serving bowl, or scoop into individual dessert cups. Generously sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Use long-stem cherries to add the final touch to your gorgeous ambrosia salad.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
*If vanilla-honey Greek yogurt isn’t available, here are two more great options: Vanilla Greek yogurt plus 1/2 tablespoon of honey, or plain Greek yogurt plus 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 tablespoon honey.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Party, Potluck
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ambrosia, ambrosia salad, ambrosia salad recipe