Embrace cooler weather with an apple cider mule! This fall Moscow mule is sweet and tangy with a bubbly bite. The vodka caramel and cinnamon give it a warm inviting aroma. Sip this tasty cocktail from a shiny copper mug.
Also known as a “caramel apple Moscow mule,” this drink is made with an easy combination of apple cider, caramel vodka, and ginger beer. It’s reminiscent of those breezy crisp drinks served at apple orchard stands.
After an afternoon of apple picking, it’s a tradition to enjoy this cocktail with friends while sitting around an outdoor picnic table. We like to enjoy them while eating slices of rustic apple galette bought from the orchard bakery.
September through November, this drink is commonly available at neighborhood bars, clubs and cocktail lounges. At home, make apple cider mules for backyard gatherings, tailgating events, and Halloween parties.
You can put several drinks together in less than 5 minutes flat. With very little effort you’ll surprise family and friends with these trendy fall drinks.
Caramel vodka adds delicious fall flavor to this apple cider Moscow mule. If desired, drizzle the top of the drink with salted caramel sauce. Then garnish the refreshing cocktail with a long stick of cinnamon and an apple slice.
Like all drinks, an apple cider mule tastes so much better after a toast. This is our family’s favorite (it’s in Spanish): Salud, amor, pesetas y tiempo para disfrutarlo. It means “health, love, money, and the time to enjoy it.”
- Apple Cider: I highly recommend freshly-pressed apple cider. But you can also use apple juice or hard apple cider.
- Caramel Vodka: This flavored vodka has the sweet aroma of brown sugar and buttery caramel. It has a warm fall flavor and a velvety smooth finish. If you don’t have this ingredient on hand, use plain vodka plus a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Ginger Beer: Its bright spicy kick and bubbles give this fall Moscow mule a signature flair. I prefer Fever Tree ginger beer, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Ice Cubes: Use large or small ice cubes, or even crushed ice. This keeps the apple cider mule frosty cold.
- Garnishes: Apple slices, cinnamon sticks and salted caramel sauce. If you don’t have cinnamon sticks on hand, sprinkle the top of the drink with ground cinnamon instead. It adds delicious fall flavor and aroma.
📖 RECIPE STEPS
- STEP 1: Add apple cider and caramel vodka to a copper mug.
- STEP 2: Fill the mug with ice then top with ginger beer.
- STEP 3: Garnish the mug with a fresh apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
- STEP 4: Raise your mug, give a toast to the good life, and enjoy. Cheers!
COPPER mugS FOR MOSCOW MULES
Serve and enjoy your drinks in traditional copper mules. They’ll keep the beverages frosty for longer, and the ice-cold metal will boost the aroma and taste of the ginger beer and caramel vodka. They also add a festive flair.
MORE DELICIOUS FALL DRINKS
Are you ready to roll out the red carpet for delicious fall drinks? Get your taste buds ready for these yummy favorites. They’re perfect for celebrating the season. Save your favorites for later. Pin them to Pinterest.
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST apple cider mule. They say it tastes just like those bought at farm stands in large apple orchards. They really enjoyed the addition of salted caramel sauce. It greatly enhanced the fall flavor.
If you too enjoyed this fall Moscow mule recipe, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with a friend.Print
This flavorful fall Moscow mule boasts delicious apple cider, a splash of caramel vodka, and ginger beer. Enhance the fall flavor with salted caramel sauce, a fresh slice of apple and a cinnamon stick.
Apple Cider Mule
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) apple cider
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) caramel vodka
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Ginger beer – or enough to fill the glass
- Ice cubes (or crushed ice)
- Salted caramel sauce
- Fresh apple slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Add apple cider and caramel vodka to a copper mug.
- Fill the mug with ice then top with ginger beer.
- Garnish the mug with a fresh apple slice and a cinnamon stick.
- Raise your mug, give a toast to the good life, and enjoy. Cheers!
No caramel vodka? Use plain vodka plus extra caramel sauce.
No cinnamon sticks? Garnish the drink with ground cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Cider Mule, Fall Moscow Mule, Moscow Mule Drink, Apple Cider Moscow Mule, Caramel Apple Moscow Mule
APPLE CIDER MULE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you enjoy making and sipping Moscow mule drinks? What do you think of this apple cider Moscow mule? Share your thoughts in the comments below.