This Asian salad dressing recipe is absolutely amazing! It has a beautiful flavor profile that’s perfectly balanced between sweet and savory. This authentic Chinese chicken salad dressing is also a deeply-satisfying Asian marinade for beef, chicken, fish and tofu!
ABOUT ASIAN SALAD DRESSING
Here in California there’s a restaurant that produces the most memorable Chinese chicken salads you’ve ever tasted. It’s actually the Asian sesame dressing that makes diners’ taste buds tingle! Today I’m sharing this authentic recipe for Asian dressing! It’s one you’ll make again and again, and treasure for years to come.
INGREDIENTS FOR ASIAN SESAME DRESSING
These are the ingredients for this delicious Asian salad dressing recipe:
- Fresh ginger
- Garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- Rice vinegar
- Dark sesame oil
- Organic honey
- Soy sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Smooth peanut butter (optional)
ASIAN DRESSING RECIPE
Here’s how to make this flavorful recipe, step by step:
- STEP 1: Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- STEP 2: Whisk until the mixture is completely combined.
- STEP 3: Transfer Asian sesame dressing to a carafe.
- STEP 4: Allow mixture to sit for about 10 minutes so the flavors have a chance to dance and mingle. Don’t skip this step!
- STEP 5: Your Chinese salad dressing is ready to enjoy!
ASIAN CHICKEN MARINADE
For marinating chicken, add poultry and Asian dressing to a zip-top bag. Gently massage the bag to evenly distribute the mixture. Marinate chicken for 20 minutes before grilling. For additional Asian-infused flavor, after marinating the chicken and before placing it on the grill, add a little sprig of rosemary to the top of each piece. Make this Asian chicken marinade your go-to recipe for delicious mid-week meals!
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR ASIAN DRESSING
These are excellent kitchen tools to have on hand to make Asian dressing. I love the clean fresh style of each of these products. But what I love most is the ease of online shopping. I’m always looking for great ways to save time and money while staying on top of current trends.
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you enjoy this flavorful Asian dressing? Rate this recipe in the comments below.
This Asian salad dressing recipe has a beautiful flavor profile that is so darn scrumptious! Perfect for drizzling over healthy Chinese chicken salads, it also doubles as a fabulous chicken marinade. Get ready to enjoy this authentic recipe for Asian dressing!
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 + 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon organic honey
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter* (PB ALLERGY ALERT)
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk everything together until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the Asian dressing to a carafe and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes to give the flavors an ample opportunity to combine.
- Serve with Chinese chicken salad or use as a flavorful chicken marinade.
*EXPERT TIP: Whenever you’re making this Asian salad dressing recipe for a potluck, gathering or other social event where you’re not certain if there may be someone present who has a peanut allergy, absolutely omit the peanut butter. Otherwise, if you’re making this recipe for your family and/or friends who are not allergic to nuts, the peanut butter raises the flavor profile and takes things to the next level.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Potluck, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
Keywords: Asian dressing, salad dressing, chicken marinade
ASIAN SALAD DRESSING RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this flavorful Asian dressing and chicken marinade for later. PIN IT NOW!
NOTE: This popular Asian Dressing recipe was originally published on July 31, 2018. Format changes were made so the blog post is more user-friendly and easier to read. The recipe itself remains the same!
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH ASIAN DRESSING
Generously drizzle Asian salad dressing over this beautiful, healthy Chinese chicken salad. Say goodbye to expensive take-out salads from your local Chinese restaurant. You now have all the secrets you need to make this easy delicious meal at home!
ASIAN DRESSING – JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you love the flavor of Asian salad dressing? Will you use it over Chinese chicken salad or as a marinade? Join the conversation in the comments below.