These sweet and tangy BBQ chicken wings are oven baked until crisp. Each savory bite delivers a hint of heat for that classic bar food taste. Serve with fresh buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping.
- 1 pound chicken wing portions
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
OPTIONAL GARNISH: Sliced green onions
DIPPING SAUCE: Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Place a wire rack over the tray so the wings can get extra crispy. If no metal rack, just use the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and salt. Pat chicken wings dry between paper towels, then place them in the bowl. Toss chicken wings in the dry mixture until all surface areas are well coated.
- Shake off excess flour from the wings. Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared tray with wire rack. Bake 20 minutes, then flip them over. Bake an additional 20 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through and the skin is golden and crisp.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce, soy sauce, melted butter and sriracha. Add the baked wings to the bowl. Toss well until the wings are fully coated.
- Return the wings to the metal rack. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is caramelized and wings are crisp. To prevent burning, keep a close eye on the wings while they’re under the broiler.
- Transfer wings to a serving dish. If desired, sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy immediately.
BEST BBQ SAUCE FOR THIS RECIPE: My preference is Sweet Baby Ray’s. This brand offers a whole line of flavors to choose from, including Honey Barbecue Wing Sauce (this is what I used for this recipe) and Buffalo Wing Sauce. Feel free to mix the flavors to suit your taste buds.
HOW TO CUT CHICKEN WINGS INTO PORTIONS: If prepped wing portions aren’t available at the market, use a sharp knife to cut the wings into 3 sections: drumettes, flats and wing tips. Discard wing tips. Make slices at the joints (the points of least resistance), not through the bones.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked BBQ Chicken Wings, Oven BBQ Chicken Wings, BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, BBQ Chicken Wings