Oven baked meatballs are easy appetizers when served with a dipping sauce. They’re also a delicious addition to a variety of meals. When it comes to time-saving healthy recipes, these scrumptious chicken meatballs are an all-time favorite!
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (no stems)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: Dipping sauce
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 400 F.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. With a spoon or spatula, mix everything together.
- Use a small stainless-steel scoop (or clean hands) to form 35 chicken meatballs. Place the pieces on a lined baking tray, leaving a bit of space between each.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until oven baked meatballs are golden and done.
EXPERT TIPS: To increase the flavor profile even more, instead of using ground chicken breast only – use 3/4 pound ground chicken and 1/4 pound chicken sausage (no casings). This ratio works best when doubling or tripling the recipe so there isn’t leftover chicken. This recipe also works well with ground turkey!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Amercian
Keywords: chicken meatballs, baked chicken meatballs, baked meatballs