BBQ little smokies deliver so much food joy! Prep this easy appetizer in 5 minutes, then let your crockpot do the rest. Serve these bite-size nibbles at your upcoming party.
- 2 (14-ounce) packages Little Smokies
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
GARNISH: Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- In a crockpot, combine little smokies, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and any additional add-ins, if desired. Turn the heat setting to “low.”
- Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the cocktail wieners are completely warmed through. If at any point the sauce becomes too thick or dry, add a splash of water (about 1/4 cup) to prevent the glaze from burning.
- Once the BBQ little smokies are done, turn the heat setting on the crockpot to “warm.” This will keep them at a snuggly warm temperature throughout the length of your party. Stir occasionally. Add water if needed.
- If desired, garnish the appetizer with fresh Italian parsley. For clean serving, have toothpicks or appetizer picks at the ready.
FOR A SWEETER THICKER GLAZE: Drizzle in some organic honey. It’ll not only thicken the sauce and sweeten it, it’ll amplify the flavor to deliver the deep umami taste you’ve been craving.
FOR A LITTLE KICK: Add red pepper flakes or hot sauce like Frank’s Red Hot or sriracha sauce. Or garnish the dish with diced jalapeño peppers.
FOR A MEATIER APPETIZER: Wrap the little smokies in thin-sliced bacon. Secure them with a toothpick before arranging them inside the crockpot. Cook as directed in this recipe (with no further changes).
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: BBQ Little Smokies, Crockpot Little Smokies, Little Smokies Recipe, Little Smokies Appetizers