Classic BBQ meatballs are sweet, savory and delicious. Prep this easy recipe in 5 minutes, then let your slow cooker do the cooking. Cocktail meatballs are a party favorite.
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s Original)
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound frozen fully-cooked meatballs
Optional Garnish: Fresh (sliced) green onions or chopped parsley
- In a (4-quart) crockpot, whisk together BBQ sauce, honey and water until well combined. Add frozen meatballs to the slow cooker. Toss well so that every meatball is covered in glaze.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 3 hours. Once BBQ meatballs are completely warmed through, they’re done and ready to enjoy.
- If desired, garnish with sliced green onion or chopped parsley.
FOR PARTIES: Reduce the heat to the “keep warm” setting. The meatballs can be kept in the crockpot ready to serve for up to 1 hour.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS: Transfer meatballs to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to enjoy, rewarm in a pan on stovetop or in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: BBQ Meatballs, Meatball Appetizers, Cocktail Meatballs, Slow Cooker Meatballs, Crockpot Meatballs