Scrumptious Chili Beans | How to Make the Best Chili Ever
If you’ve been craving a homemade pot of scrumptious chili beans, you’ve come to the right place! Once you make this chili recipe and experience the mouth-watering results, you’ll agree this is the best chili recipe you’ve ever found. In addition to its savory taste, what you’ll love most is that it’s so darn easy to make! Once you’ve rounded up the ingredients things move along quickly. After browning the meat you simply add in all the other ingredients to the pot at once. Then you allow the chili beans to simmer over low heat to allow reduction and thickening. So let’s get right down to it. Here’s how to make the best chili ever!
Disclosure: This post contains items I think you’ll love! If you purchase through a link I may earn a small commission (your price is not affected). It keeps this site up so I can continue to provide beautiful content.
Best Chili Recipe | How to Make Chili | Ingredients
- 2.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans
- 1 4-ounce can Ortega brand diced green chiles
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Best Chili Recipe | How to Make Chili | Kitchen Tools
Best Chili Recipe | How to Make Chili | Directions for Scrumptious Chili Beans
- Put on an apron to prevent the chili beans from staining your clothes.
- Open up all the cans (remember to recycle the empty cans later).
- Brown the ground beef in a dutch oven over medium/low heat.
- Drain off (or spoon out) excess fat.
- With the wooden spatula, crumble the cooked beef into tiny pieces.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the dutch oven and stir.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook for 2-3 hours to thicken, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Close your eyes and breathe in deeply. Savor the aroma of these scrumptious chili beans!
Best Chili Recipe | How to Make Chili | Yield
This scrumptious chili beans recipe yields 8 servings.
Best Chili Recipe | How to Make Chili | Suggested Toppings
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour Cream just a dollop
- La Victoria brand diced jalapenos (or fresh jalapeno slices)