No-churn birthday cake ice cream is sweet and creamy with an authentic birthday cake flavor. It boasts pieces of white vanilla cake and a festive amount of funfetti sprinkles.
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped vanilla cake (see notes)
- 1/2 cup rainbow funfetti sprinkles
- 1 cup vanilla frosting (see notes)
RECIPE PREP: Chill the metal bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer for 15 minutes. Line a metal 9×5 loaf pan with 2 layers of parchment paper. Stick the pan in the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Add cold heavy cream and vanilla extract to the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the bowl. With a rubber spatula, gently fold it into the whipped cream. Take care not to deflate the whipped cream during this folding process. Be gentle.
- Transfer half of the ice cream base to the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the chopped vanilla cake and half of the funfetti candies over the top. With a spoon, dollop half of the frosting over the surface. Add remaining ice cream base to the pan, gently spreading it into an even layer. Top with remaining cake, funfetti sprinkles and frosting
- Gently swirl the frosting into the ice cream base – just until lightly mixed. Tightly wrap the pan in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Freeze overnight (or for at least 6 hours) until the birthday cake ice cream is completely set with a scoopable texture. Enjoy with extra funfetti sprinkles.
PREVENT FREEZER BURN: After the ice cream has set, unwrap the pan and place a piece of parchment paper directly over the surface to block out air. Re-wrap loaf pan in a double layer of plastic wrap and return to the freezer.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This ingredient comes in a can. It is NOT the same as evaporated milk.
Vanilla Cake: Use a piece of homemade or store-bought cake. An inexpensive option is using a box of vanilla cake mix to bake a simple batch of vanilla cupcakes. Day-old cake works best for this recipe as the crumbs are not as soft as those from a freshly-baked cake.
Vanilla Frosting: For this no-churn recipe, the best type is a store-bought container of vanilla frosting. It has the exact smooth and creamy texture we adore. This option is also a time saver (and money saver) compared to homemade vanilla buttercream.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Chill Time: 6 Hours
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-Churn
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Birthday Cake Ice Cream, Funfetti Ice Cream, Cake Batter Ice Cream