Get the party started with these Bloody Maria tequila drinks! Serve these tasty Mexican cocktails for brunch, Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, and festive celebrations!
BLOODY MARIA INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 cup Clamato® Tomato Cocktail Original
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or as desired
- 3 dashes celery salt (or sea salt)
- 3 dashes black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
BLOODY MARIA GARNISHES (OPTIONAL)
- Chili-lime rimming salt (or Tajin seasoning)
- Ribs of celery
- Crispy cooked bacon laced onto skewers
- Grilled shrimp
- Pimiento stuffed green olives
- Cocktail onions
- Mini pickles
- Jarred chili peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Slices of lime
- In a cocktail shaker, add Clamato and tequila. Add in Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and hot sauce. Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover the shaker with a glass or lid. Shake to combine. Do a quick taste test. If needed, add more hot sauce and spices!
- Transfer Bloody Maria to a salt-rimmed glass. Garnish as desired.
EXPERT TIPS FOR A GREAT BLOODY MARIA
- USE FRESH INGREDIENTS: Whenever possible, use freshly-squeezed lime juice and crisp stalks of celery.
- USE CLAMATO: For an authentic Mexican taste, it’s important to use the right ingredients. Don’t cut corners by using standard tomato juice.
- NO HOT SAUCE? NO PROBLEM! In a pinch, you’ll need to get a little creative. For a spicy burn, add a bit of horseradish, jalapeno juice, or powdered mustard. Do a few small samplings until you reach the desired taste.
- MIX TEQUILA DRINKS IN ADVANCE: These tequila mixed drinks taste even better when made in advance. When prepping for large parties, mix the ingredients in a large beverage container a few hours before guests arrive. This will allow the flavors a chance to meld together and get extra tasty!
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: Mexican