These are the best bran muffins. They’re delicious, comforting and super satisfying. Enjoy them warm with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey. Make a fresh batch of all bran muffins in 30 minutes!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Kellogg’s All-Bran cereal (not flakes)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup raisins
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 18 wells of 2 non-stick muffin pans with cooking spray. Or line 18 wells with cupcake wrappers.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the All-Bran cereal to the wet ingredients. Stir to cover the cereal with liquid. Let it soak for 3 minutes to soften it up. Add melted butter and molasses to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix to combine. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. MIX BRIEFLY: Stir just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet. To avoid a tough texture, do not over-mix. Fold raisins into the batter.
- With an extra-large cookie scoop or spoon, fill the wells of prepared muffin pans with batter.
- Bake the bran muffins for 15-17 minutes. Check for doneness with a cake tester or toothpick. Insert it in the center of 2 to 3 muffins. If it comes out clean, they’re done.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 to 12 minutes. Carefully remove them from the pan. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- TRY A NEW FLAVOR: Skip the ground cinnamon. Instead, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely-grated orange zest to the batter.
- CAN BATTER BE KEPT IN THE FRIDGE? Yes. The batter can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 1 week. Bake a small batch of muffins every few days. There’s nothing like eating a freshly-baked muffin with butter and honey!
- HOW LONG WILL MUFFINS STAY FRESH? Baked and cooled muffins will last for up to 4 days when refrigerated in a sealed container or zip-top bag with the air pressed out.
- HOW TO SERVE BRAN MUFFINS: Lightly warm the muffins. Serve with butter and honey or with your favorite jam.
- CAN BRAN MUFFINS BE FROZEN? Yes, these muffins freeze very well! Make a double batch and freeze half.
- MORE INFO ABOUT THIS RECIPE: Further details and tips are included in the body of the post, along with step-by-step recipe images.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bran Muffins, All Bran Muffins