[This is a sponsored post by me on behalf of Farmer John®. The opinions and text are all mine.]
Breakfast Pizza is the perfect choice for a festive brunch! The holiday season is filled with opportunities to spend quality time around the table with your family. It’s how we share beloved traditions and develop new ones. Farmer John® and Foods Co. make it easy to create delicious holiday memories with the ones you love!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
I’m excited to partner with Farmer John to bring you this holiday breakfast recipe! I use Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links because these pork links are rich, tender, juicy and flavorful. The Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon I’m using is naturally hardwood smoked for full flavor. You’ll find these products in the meat department of your local Foods Co.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
Today I shopped at Foods Co. to pick up the ingredients for this yummy Breakfast Pizza. When you visit Kroger banner stores, you’ll be amazed at their everyday low prices: Food 4 Less, Foods Co., Ralphs, Ralphs Fresh Fare, Ralphs Marketplace, and Fry’s. These are the ingredients you’ll need to make Breakfast Pizza:
- Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon
- Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links
- Frozen puff pastry dough
- Egg wash (1 tablespoon water or milk plus 1 egg, lightly beaten)
- Grated cheese (Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- Large eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Green onions
It’s always exciting to discover recipe inspiration for every meal and occasion. Find your new favorite Farmer John recipe right here: BEST RECIPE IDEAS! When making Breakfast Pizza, why choose between bacon and sausage when you can have both?! This Breakfast Pizza is perfect for a brunch during the holiday season because it can feed a crowd! After baking, all I have to do is cut into slices, and everyone can help themselves. I love anything easy this time of year!
Directions for Making Breakfast Pizza
As you spend time in the kitchen preparing holiday recipes, allow yourself to get swept up with inspiration! Put brand new twists on traditional recipes. For example, today instead of pizza dough, French bread, English muffins or crescent rolls, we’ll make our sausage bacon pizza with a West-Coast twist: a puff-pastry crust.
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit
- Thaw puff pastry.
- Unfold the first sheet on a lightly-floured surface.
- If needed, lightly moisten the seams with water to repair cracks.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut the dough into four equal pieces.
- Fold all 4 edges inward about 1/2 inch. Lightly seal with water.
- With a fork, prick the middle of the dough several times.
- Begin cooking your Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon and Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links and follow the package instructions.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza – Continued
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Transfer the 4 pastry squares to the baking tray.
- Brush dough with egg wash.
Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Bake the dough briefly (about 5 minutes) just until it begins to puff up. This will provide structure around the edges so the eggs will stay put.
- Remove the pastry from the oven.
- With clean fingertips, press down the puffed centers.
- Sprinkle the squares with cheese.
- Crack one egg in the middle of each square.
- Arrange the previously-cooked bacon and sausage links around the eggs.
Puff Pastry Breakfast Tarts
If you’re feeling fancy, you can call these beauties Puffed-Pastry Breakfast Tarts!
- Bake tarts for 15 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Remove breakfast tarts from the oven.
How to Garnish Breakfast Pizza
- Transfer to a serving tray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast pizza!
Easy Breakfast Ideas
If you love this easy breakfast recipe, you’ll also enjoy these flavorful meal ideas: FARMER JOHN RECIPES
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
This beautiful breakfast pizza is cheesy, savory and delicious! Its festive colors, textures and flavors make it the ideal brunch recipe for the holidays.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- Egg wash (1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, whisked)
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 package Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links (cooked)
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place thawed puff pastry dough on a lightly-floured surface. Gently roll out the dough to remove creases. Lightly touch up cracks with a bit of water, as needed. Slice each sheet into 4 squares. Fold the edges inward by 1/2 inch to make a border. Seal with a water-moistened fingertip. With a fork, prick the center of each square several times. Brush the surface with egg wash. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or just until the dough has begun to rise in the middle. This will help form edges around each breakfast tart to keep eggs and other ingredients in place. Remove tray from oven. With clean fingertips, gently press down the center of each puff pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese over the surface of each breakfast pizza. Crack an egg in the middle of each square. Add cooked bacon slices and cooked sausage links which have been sliced in half lengthwise.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still bright yellow and runny. Remove from the oven. Season with freshly-ground salt and pepper. Garnish each breakfast pizza with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Tart
BREAKFAST PIZZA > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What brunch entrees will you serve this holiday season? What do you think about this breakfast pizza recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!
55 thoughts on “Breakfast Pizza Recipe”
Breakfast Pizza is the perfect choice for a festive brunch as you said above!! So I think pizza recipe you share with us works well. Im going to make this thanks admin for perfect Sunday
It is absolutely perfect for Sunday breakfast.
Thank you for sharing this amazing breakfast recipe – it is perfect for Sunday morning breakfast with the family.
This recipe looks so great! Can’t wait to make this for my crew!!!
Everyone will love it. All of my crew did.
I usually make breakfast for my nephew before he goes to work every morning. He has been stuck on breakfast burritos but is wanting something different. These look like a good option.
While I do love breakfast burritos this is also so good.
I’m always looking for a great spin on breakfast so this recipe is a must.
Yes, this is a game changer in the breakfast world.
Wow, these breakfast pizzas look amazing! I love how they are baked with the egg in the middle. I will for sure be trying this this weekend, thanks so much for the recipe!
I am so happy that you are going to be trying this. I think you will really like it.
Totally making this for the kids over the weekend! Breakfast pizza for the win!
I just know that the kids are gong to love them. A total win for breakfast.
Such a fun idea! It looks pretty simple to do too. Totally going to give breakfast pizza a try!
They are really simple and everyone will really love them.
What a fun idea! This would be nice to make for a brunch. The kids like making fun breakfasts when we are home on weekends or holidays. I’ll have to make this for them!
They are the best for brunch. The absolute best for holidays too!
Mmm….Yes, please! I bet this breakfast pizza tastes heavenly when the yolk breaks open and spreads all over. My favorite! What a great recipe for Sunday mornings or to share with guests who are visiting for the holidays! Love!
Honestly, that is the best part! I love it so much.
Mmm this looks super yummy and full of protein. I will definitely have to try this breakfast out. It looks great for on-the-go.
Yes! Full of protein and so much yumminess. You will definitely love it.
Oh my goodness this breakfast pizza looks absolutely fantastic! Wonderful combination of ingredients. Now, this recipe will be one of my favorites. That looks mighty tasty! I can not wait to try it. Yum!
It’s a great combo of all the ingredients. They make it over the top good.
Breakfast is my favorite meal! I love using puff pastry too -it’s delicious. These look so yummy!
Thank you so much. The puff pastry is so amazing and makes it taste that much better,
What a fantastic idea. We are huge breakfast meat lovers as well as pizza aficionados The easy breakfast pizza recipe would be wonderful to make for a brunch. Some fruit and a mimosa and I’d be in heaven!! .
I agree with you. Adding those into the mix will make it that much better.
I wish I had all these ingredients, because I want this asap. It looks really tasty! Love that you used puff pastry as a pizza dough.
You will have to run to the store real quick. They are worth making.
Printed!!!!! This recipe for breakfast pizza is great. I have been gathering ideas to make meals for visitors this holiday season. This is perfect for making a huge amount and to fill people’s bellies!
I am for sure that your guests are going to love them.
These look really good and the kids will get a kick out of having “pizza” for breakfast. I like the idea of the puff pastry tarts, a lot better than regular pizza dough.
Kids absolutely love having “pizza” for breakfast and this makes everyone happy.
This looks so good. I love breakfast pizza that you can get from the store. I’ll have to make this.
I really hope you enjoy it. They are so, so good.
Love this! Such a fun way to mix up breakfast!
The best way to mix it up. I am always down for making things different.
These are some pretty cool breakfast pizzas! I love the simplicity of them! Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning!
They would be absolutely perfect for any of those holiday mornings.
What fun breakfast pizzas! And I love that you kept all of the ingredients whole, rather than breaking them into pieces. Makes for a beautiful presentation
Thank you so much. I also really like that I did that. It made it more simplistic.
Now this sounds like an amazing way to kick off the day! I have to admit I wouldn’t have thought about making a breakfast pizza quite like this – but now I need one!
This is the perfect way to kick off the day. Who doesn’t love pizza?
I love breakfast pizzas! I like this for the personal breakfast pizza idea. Then, I can have one with bacon, and one with sausage!
You can try so many different combos to make this pizza so good.
Pizza for breakfast? My children do not believe in it. This is the perfect breakfast for them. Your pizza recipe is so beautiful and appetizing. I’m happy to try it out. Thanks!
Aww, thank you so much. I really hope your kids enjoy it. It’s so yummy.
wow what an all in one breakfast my husband would sure enjoy this if I were to make it. I wish I had the time
It is super easy to make. You would be really surprised.
Oh my gosh, this recipe looks amazing. I might try have a go and show you my results. I am a terrible cook but seriously this breakfast pizza will be more than worth the effort. Thank you for sharing. Now following as The Dad’s Bible on Pinterest.
Yes, please. I would love to see your final product.
Breakfast pizza is the type of meal which separates the professional pizza lovers with casual pizza by the slice amateurs. Bravo on this recipe!
Thank you so much. I hope you really like it.
This is such a fun idea and looks delicious! My hubby would love these!
They are so good and a clever way to think out of the box.