[This is a sponsored post by me on behalf of Farmer John®. The opinions and text are all mine.]
Breakfast Pizza is the perfect choice for a festive brunch! The holiday season is filled with opportunities to spend quality time around the table with your family. It’s how we share beloved traditions and develop new ones. Farmer John® and Foods Co. make it easy to create delicious holiday memories with the ones you love!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
I’m excited to partner with Farmer John to bring you this holiday breakfast recipe! I use Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links because these pork links are rich, tender, juicy and flavorful. The Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon I’m using is naturally hardwood smoked for full flavor. You’ll find these products in the meat department of your local Foods Co.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
Today I shopped at Foods Co. to pick up the ingredients for this yummy Breakfast Pizza. When you visit Kroger banner stores, you’ll be amazed at their everyday low prices: Food 4 Less, Foods Co., Ralphs, Ralphs Fresh Fare, Ralphs Marketplace, and Fry’s. These are the ingredients you’ll need to make Breakfast Pizza:
- Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon
- Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links
- Frozen puff pastry dough
- Egg wash (1 tablespoon water or milk plus 1 egg, lightly beaten)
- Grated cheese (Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- Large eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Green onions
It’s always exciting to discover recipe inspiration for every meal and occasion. Find your new favorite Farmer John recipe right here: BEST RECIPE IDEAS! When making Breakfast Pizza, why choose between bacon and sausage when you can have both?! This Breakfast Pizza is perfect for a brunch during the holiday season because it can feed a crowd! After baking, all I have to do is cut into slices, and everyone can help themselves. I love anything easy this time of year!
Directions for Making Breakfast Pizza
As you spend time in the kitchen preparing holiday recipes, allow yourself to get swept up with inspiration! Put brand new twists on traditional recipes. For example, today instead of pizza dough, French bread, English muffins or crescent rolls, we’ll make our sausage bacon pizza with a West-Coast twist: a puff-pastry crust.
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit
- Thaw puff pastry.
- Unfold the first sheet on a lightly-floured surface.
- If needed, lightly moisten the seams with water to repair cracks.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut the dough into four equal pieces.
- Fold all 4 edges inward about 1/2 inch. Lightly seal with water.
- With a fork, prick the middle of the dough several times.
- Begin cooking your Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon and Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links and follow the package instructions.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza – Continued
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Transfer the 4 pastry squares to the baking tray.
- Brush dough with egg wash.
Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Bake the dough briefly (about 5 minutes) just until it begins to puff up. This will provide structure around the edges so the eggs will stay put.
- Remove the pastry from the oven.
- With clean fingertips, press down the puffed centers.
- Sprinkle the squares with cheese.
- Crack one egg in the middle of each square.
- Arrange the previously-cooked bacon and sausage links around the eggs.
Puff Pastry Breakfast Tarts
If you’re feeling fancy, you can call these beauties Puffed-Pastry Breakfast Tarts!
- Bake tarts for 15 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Remove breakfast tarts from the oven.
How to Garnish Breakfast Pizza
- Transfer to a serving tray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
- Serve and enjoy your breakfast pizza!
Easy Breakfast Ideas
If you love this easy breakfast recipe, you’ll also enjoy these flavorful meal ideas: FARMER JOHN RECIPES
This beautiful breakfast pizza is cheesy, savory and delicious! Its festive colors, textures and flavors make it the ideal brunch recipe for the holidays.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- Egg wash (1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, whisked)
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices Farmer John Classic Premium Bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 package Farmer John Classic Pork Sausage Links (cooked)
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place thawed puff pastry dough on a lightly-floured surface. Gently roll out the dough to remove creases. Lightly touch up cracks with a bit of water, as needed. Slice each sheet into 4 squares. Fold the edges inward by 1/2 inch to make a border. Seal with a water-moistened fingertip. With a fork, prick the center of each square several times. Brush the surface with egg wash. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or just until the dough has begun to rise in the middle. This will help form edges around each breakfast tart to keep eggs and other ingredients in place. Remove tray from oven. With clean fingertips, gently press down the center of each puff pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese over the surface of each breakfast pizza. Crack an egg in the middle of each square. Add cooked bacon slices and cooked sausage links which have been sliced in half lengthwise.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still bright yellow and runny. Remove from the oven. Season with freshly-ground salt and pepper. Garnish each breakfast pizza with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast Pizza, Breakfast Tart
BREAKFAST PIZZA > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What brunch entrees will you serve this holiday season? What do you think about this breakfast pizza recipe? Join the conversation in the comments below!