This healthy broccoli salad with bacon is a beautiful way to enjoy your veggies! This colorful salad is hearty, satisfying and so delicious. It’s perfect any time of year, and can be served either as a side dish or as the main course.
- 2 large heads of broccoli, rinsed and dried off
- 8–10 pieces thick-sliced center-cut bacon, fried until cooked and crispy
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 10.5 ounces grape tomatoes (about 1–1/4 cups), sliced in half
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (plus more for garnishing)
BROCCOLI SALAD DRESSING
- 1 + 1/2 cups mayonnaise, refrigerated and cold
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
BROCCOLI SALAD WITH BACON
- Cut the trunks off the broccoli. Slice off the stems very close to the crown. (Throw away or compost the trunks and stems.) The heads of broccoli will now easily separate into large florets. Slice the florets into bite-size pieces.
- Chop or crumble the slices of cooked crispy bacon.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, bacon pieces, chopped red onion, cubes of cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Toss these ingredients together until mixed.
- Prepare the salad dressing: in a small/medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. (If prepping in advance, transfer the salad dressing to a cruet and refrigerate until needed.)
- Pour 3/4 of the salad dressing over the broccoli salad. Mix well. Garnish with additional sunflower seeds. Save the remainder of the dressing for family and guests to add to their salads, as desired. This will help keep the bacon crisp.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Potluck, Picnic, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli salad, broccoli salad with bacon, cold broccoli salad