Brussel sprouts with bacon are deeply savory and delicious. We cook them in the air fryer for consistent results every time. Enjoy this classic side dish all year round. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 4 slices (lean) thick-cut bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed and veggies halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
RECIPE PREP (OPTIONAL) : Before trimming, soak Brussels sprouts in a bowl of cold salted water for 20 minutes. Drain off water. Pat completely dry between lint-free towels. We do a salt-water soak to reduce bitterness and hydrate the veggies so they’ll cook up tender.
- Lay bacon slices in a single flat layer inside the air fryer basket, without crowding. Cook at 375ºF for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon to a cutting board. Chop it into bite-sized pieces. Set it aside until ready to use. If needed, discard excess grease from the air fryer, but don’t clean the basket.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, melted butter, grated garlic, minced rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir until veggies are evenly coated with the garlic-butter mixture. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer. Again, do not overcrowd the basket. If needed, cook the veggies in batches.
- Cook at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Stir the veggies, or shake the basket. [For even crispier bacon, add cooked bacon pieces back into the basket now.] Cook 2 to 5 minutes more, or until the veggies are cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl. If desired, drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter over the veggies (optional). Add crispy bacon and parmesan cheese to the bowl. Toss to combine. Serve with flaky salt on the side. Enjoy immediately.
Keep in mind: Each air fryer cooks differently depending on the brand, and the size and shape of the basket. Adjust cooking times as needed.
Can I make this dish in advance? It’s not recommended. The texture will be compromised. The veggies and bacon will not stay crisp. But if you need to make this in advance, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Rewarm in the air fryer or oven. Do not reheat in the microwave or the texture will be squishy.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, Brussels Sprouts with Bacon