- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion, plus more for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Olive oil spray
FOR SERVING: Your favorite dipping sauce.
RECIPE PREP: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. For small air fryers less than 3 quarts, preheat for 2 minutes. For larger units, preheat 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
- Arrange 2 teaspoons of buffalo chicken filling in the center of each wonton. Brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with water. It will help to seal them so the filling won’t leak out.
- Bring one corner of the wrapper over the filling to the opposite side to form a triangle. With your fingertips, press the two edges of the wrapper together to seal the wonton. Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Generously spray the air fryer basket with olive oil. Arrange several wontons inside the basket without overcrowding the area. You’ll be air frying in batches. Spray the top of the appetizers with olive oil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the buffalo chicken wontons are golden brown. Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy immediately.
KITCHEN TIP: After air frying, transfer hot wontons to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking tray. You can slip the tray into a warm (200°F) oven while you finish cooking the final batches.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian-American
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Wontons, Buffalo Chicken Rangoon, Air Fryer Wontons, Chicken Wontons, Chicken Wonton Recipe