Welcome the summer party season in style with cheesy caprese queso dip! This appetizer is beautiful, scrumptious and super festive. You’ll love that from start to finish it takes only 30-minutes to create this quick and simple recipe. So let’s get started! Let me show you how to make this lovely cheese dip from scratch.
Caprese Queso Dip Ingredients
Only three simple ingredients are needed to make this popular caprese cheese dip recipe: grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and either homemade or store-bought basil pesto. Seriously, how wonderfully simple is that?
How to Make Caprese Queso Dip
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Take out a small/medium cast-iron pan. Slice the tomatoes in half and add them to the pan.
Easy Queso Dip Recipe
Coarsely chop or crumble the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle the pesto on top of the cheese. Add sea salt and coarsely-ground black pepper to taste. Fold the ingredients together with a rubber spatula.
Instructions for Queso Dip Recipe
Put the cheese dip into the preheated oven. Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove the queso dip from the oven. Allow it to sit on a trivet for about 3-4 minutes so it can cool off just slightly. If needed: Holding the pan with a pot holder, gently drain off a bit of excess liquid that developed from the bursting tomatoes. I do this over the kitchen sink very close to the drain so the liquid doesn’t splatter.
How to Serve Homemade Queso Dip
Serve your delicious cheese dip with home-baked crostini, bread sticks, and a variety of crackers made specifically for dipping.
How to Make Crostini
Making crostini for this cheese dip recipe is very simple! Slice a long, thin baguette at a 45 degree angle. Cut each piece approximately 1/2 inch wide. Brush both sides of the bread pieces with virgin olive oil. Arrange the slices on a baking tray. Bake the bread in a 375 degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the crostini is light-golden brown.
Kitchen Tools for Making and Serving Hot Caprese Queso Dip
Cheesy Caprese Queso Dip is quick and easy to make! This beautiful 3-ingredient recipe (plus salt and pepper) produces an appetizer that’s as scrumptious as it is beautiful. This cheese dip recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 10-ounces grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 8-ounce balls of fresh mozzarella, coarsely chopped or crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil pesto, homemade or store bought
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Serve with: crostini, breadsticks and crackers
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the grape tomato halves to an 8-inch cast-iron pan. Crumble or coarsely chop the mozzarella cheese and add it on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle the pesto over the tomatoes and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. With a spatula, gently fold the ingredients together.
- Bake the queso dip for 18-22 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- If needed: Carefully drain off excess liquid that resulted from the bursting tomatoes.
- Serve your hot cheesy caprese queso dip with crostini, a variety of crackers, and breadsticks.
Keywords: queso dip, caprese queso dip, queso recipe
HOT CAPRESE QUESO DIP RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this delicious cheese dip recipe for later. Pin it to Pinterest!
ESSENTIAL PARTY DIP RECIPES
CHEESY ROTEL BEAN DIP is quick and easy to make. It’s a real crowd pleaser!
MARGARITA FRUIT DIP is a fun and delicious adult appetizer. It’s a Margarita cocktail you can actually eat!
MEXICAN 7-LAYER DIP is a popular recipe for parties, game night, and backyard gatherings. It’s so delicious!
CHEESE DIP RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you have a favorite cheese dip recipe you love to prepare for parties and family gatherings? What do you think about this cheesy caprese queso dip? Share your thoughts about festive appetizers in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!