These cheesy breadsticks are stuffed with melted cheese, brushed with garlic butter and sprinkled with herbs. They’re irresistible! Make this easy garlic bread recipe in 25 minutes.
- 2 (8-oz tubes) Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet*
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt, if desired
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cornmeal (for added texture)
- Red pepper flakes (for garnishing)
- Marinara sauce (for dipping)
*NOTE: At the market there’s 2 types of refrigerated crescent dough. One has perforations (scoring or holes) for separating into triangles. We want the other kind: the “crescent dough sheet.”
RECIPE PREP: Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Adjust oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If you have cornmeal on hand, lightly sprinkle an even layer on the parchment paper. Open one tube of crescent dough. Lay it flat on the prepared baking tray. Evenly sprinkle 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese over the surface. Leave a 1/4 inch border around the sides.
- Open the second tube of crescent dough. Lay it directly on top of the cheese. Pinch together the top and bottom layers of dough on all 4 sides. We’re making one single loaf of cheesy bread.
- In a ramekin, melt butter in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and sea salt. With a pastry brush, spread butter mixture over the loaf. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, plus the parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a wooden board. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
GARNISH AND SERVE CHEESY BREADSTICKS: Let loaf cool for 3 minutes. With a pizza cutter, score or slice into breadsticks. If desired, sprinkle red pepper flakes over the top. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
HOW TO USE SCORED CRESCENT DOUGH FOR THIS RECIPE: If using a tube of crescent dough that’s perforated with holes for separating into triangles, pinch the dough together. Use a rolling pin to smooth it out into a single sheet of dough.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE MORE CHEESY: Add 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese to the middle layer, and sprinkle 1/4 cup Colby Jack cheese on top! Alongside the mozzarella and parmesan, this delicious mix will deliver excellent results!
HOW TO HALVE THIS RECIPE: Use only 1 sheet of crescent dough. Cut it in half. Prepare the recipe with half the ingredients. Small batches are ideal for singles, couples or small families.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheesy Breadsticks, Cheesy Garlic Bread, Cheese Stuffed Breadsticks, Stuffed Cheesy Bread