This 7-ingredient bean dip is ready to serve in 15 minutes flat. You’ll absolutely love the simplicity of this easy-to-make recipe.
- 1 30-ounce can refried beans
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 cups colby-jack cheese (or half Monterey Jack and half cheddar), shredded
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, with all the juices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, chopped
- In a medium pot, add in the refried beans, cream cheese, 2 cups of the shredded colby-jack cheese, and the Rotel tomatoes with all the juices from the can. Continuously stir over medium heat until the cheese is fully melted, all ingredients are incorporated, and the bean dip is hot.
- Transfer the hot bean dip to a medium-sized baking dish, or to an oven-safe appetizer dish. Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded colby-jack cheese over the top of the bean dip. Put the appetizer into the oven and broil briefly just until the shredded cheese on top is completely melted.
- Garnish with green onions, black olives, and chopped tomatoes. Serve hot or warm.
PARTY TIP: After melting the beans, cheese and tomatoes, transfer the bean dip to a crockpot set on “low”. Next to the crockpot arrange all the garnishes in small dishes along with a large bowl of tortilla chips. Party guests can ladle the bean dip over chips, as desired, and sprinkle the garnishes on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Party
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican, American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: rotel bean dip, tomato bean cheese dip, rotel bean dip recipe