The most delicious chicken noodle soup recipes are those that are made at home. This nourishing homemade chicken noodle soup is made with a flavorful rotisserie chicken from the deli section of a local market. While I’m all about making things from scratch, I’ll also take a shortcut if one comes my way! Today I’m sharing a quick easy recipe that you can put together in a snap. Because life is busy and we all need healthy recipes that taste like we’ve spent all day in the kitchen cooking up batches of homemade goodness.
Ingredients for Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make a quick easy batch of homemade chicken noodle soup: olive oil, yellow onion, celery, baby carrots, breast meat from a rotisserie chicken, chicken stock, granulated chicken bouillon, thyme, rosemary, turmeric, bay leaves, egg noodles, salt and pepper to taste, lemon juice, and Italian parsley. The addition of turmeric enhances the beautiful golden color of the soup and is a great way to incorporate this healthy, flavorful spice into your diet.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
This is how to make scrumptious chicken noodle soup: pull out a large heavy pot or a Dutch oven. Add the olive oil to the pot. On your stovetop saute the onion, celery and baby carrots over medium heat until tender. Add in the chicken stock and stir. Boost the flavor of your chicken soup by adding in some granulated chicken bouillon. Add in the rest of spices: thyme, rosemary, turmeric, and two bay leaves. Stir well until combined. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a simmer.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the shredded chicken breast and egg noodles to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow the chicken noodle soup to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Turn off the heat. We’re almost done!
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
It’s time to quickly brighten up the taste of your chicken noodle soup with a sprinkling of sunshine > add in the lemon juice and stir! Season well with salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped Italian parsley leaves.
Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
If time allows, cover the pot and allow your chicken noodle soup to sit for 5-10 minutes so the flavors can continue to blend. Mmmm…the delightful, fragrant aroma will take you back in time. Do you remember the savory taste of the homemade chicken noodle soup made by your mother or grandmother? This is reminiscent of that traditional recipe you enjoyed as a child when you were under the weather and needed some warm, healthy comfort food to build up your strength and help you feel better.
How to Serve Chicken Noodle Soup
If possible, locate the two bay leaves in the pot and remove them. Ladle the warm soup into your favorite soup bowls. If you’d like, just before serving you can add a few additional parsley leaves on top of the soup as a colorful garnish. Enjoy your chicken noodle soup the traditional way with a few saltine crackers. To complete this healthy meal, you can serve it with a side salad made with crisp fresh greens and yummy cilantro lime dressing.
Recommended Kitchen Tools for Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
When making homemade chicken noodle soup I pull out my 5-quart Staub cocotte. It’s the perfect size for making this recipe!
The most delicious chicken noodle soup recipes are those that are made at home. This yummy homemade chicken noodle soup is made with a flavorful rotisserie chicken picked up in the deli section of your local market. This savory healthy recipe will taste like you spent all day in the kitchen cooking up a pot of homemade goodness!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken (cooked), breast meat only – shredded
- 14 cups chicken stock
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 bay leaves,
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles (I use fettuccine egg noodles)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Add olive oil to a heavy pot. On your stovetop saute the onion, celery and baby carrots over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add in the chicken stock and stir. Boost the flavor of your chicken soup by adding in some granulated chicken bouillon. Add in the rest of spices: thyme, rosemary, turmeric, and two bay leaves. Stir until well combined. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the shredded chicken breast and egg noodles to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow the chicken noodle soup to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Turn off the heat.
- Brighten the flavor of your chicken noodle soup by adding in a tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to mix it in. Season your soup well with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped Italian parsley leaves.
- Serve warm. If desired, garnish your chicken noodle soup with a few extra leaves of parsley.
Keywords: comfort food, dinner, chicken noodle soup
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this nourishing chicken noodle soup recipe for later. Pin it to Pinterest!
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP
If you loved this warm savory chicken noodle soup recipe, you’re going to absolutely love this LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP!
More Chicken and Noodle Recipes
My friend Crystal has an extensive collection of chicken and noodle recipes I think you’ll enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Recipes – from Crystal and Comp
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you enjoy making delicious homemade soup recipes? What do you think about this easy, scrumptious chicken noodle soup? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!