The most delicious chicken noodle soup recipes are those that are made at home. This yummy homemade chicken noodle soup is made with a flavorful rotisserie chicken picked up in the deli section of your local market. This savory healthy recipe will taste like you spent all day in the kitchen cooking up a pot of homemade goodness!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken (cooked), breast meat only – shredded
- 14 cups chicken stock
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 bay leaves,
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles (I use fettuccine egg noodles)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Add olive oil to a heavy pot. On your stovetop saute the onion, celery and baby carrots over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add in the chicken stock and stir. Boost the flavor of your chicken soup by adding in some granulated chicken bouillon. Add in the rest of spices: thyme, rosemary, turmeric, and two bay leaves. Stir until well combined. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the shredded chicken breast and egg noodles to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Allow the chicken noodle soup to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Turn off the heat.
- Brighten the flavor of your chicken noodle soup by adding in a tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to mix it in. Season your soup well with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped Italian parsley leaves.
- Serve warm. If desired, garnish your chicken noodle soup with a few extra leaves of parsley.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup recipe, chicken noodle soup from scratch