These Mexican chicken tostadas are super delicious and a real time saver! This simple lunch or dinner entree is easy to put together in 15 minutes. Whether serving a meal to picky eaters, or preparing an easy menu to feed a crowd, this tostada recipe is a perfect choice. Each person can assemble their own tostada with their favorite toppings! Add these yummy Mexican tostadas to your weekly meal plan rotation.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, warm and shredded
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Store-bought crispy tostada shells
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans, warmed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Mexican crema)
- 3 cups shredded iceburg lettuce
- 10-ounces grape tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 2.25-ounce can of sliced black olives
- Optional accompaniments: hot sauce, lime slices, sliced radishes, sea salt
- Adjust your oven rack to the second notched position from the top (do not use the first position up close to the broiler or your tostada shells will singe with the high heat). Turn on the broiler function.
- Spread a thin layer of beans over the crispy tortilla round. Sprinkle a light layer of cheese over the beans. Transfer the tostadas to a baking tray. Put the tray in the oven for about 30-90 seconds, or until the cheese has melted. Keep a close eye on the tostada edges to make sure they don’t burn.
- Add shredded chicken over the melted cheese.
- Assemble the tostadas with a variety of your favorite toppings.
- If desired, serve with hot sauce and a condiment tray of radishes, lime slices and sea salt.
- Category: Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chicken tostadas, chicken tostada recipe