This cookie dough hummus is made with chickpeas and other tasty ingredients. It boasts the texture and flavor of raw chocolate chip cookie dough. Serve with graham crackers and apple slices.
COOKIE DOUGH HUMMUS
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas/garbanzos (1 1/2 cups), drained and well rinsed, with skins removed if desired
- 1/2 cup all-natural nut butter (peanut, almond, or cashew)
- 1/3 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for garnishing
- Pure maple syrup
- Mini chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt
- Apple slices
- Honey graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, brown sugar, melted butter, sea salt and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Pulse for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the desired consistency is reached. If the mixture is too thick, add more melted butter and an additional dash of vanilla extract. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Pulse briefly until just combined. Small chunks of chocolate may still be visible, and that’s okay.
- Transfer chickpea cookie dough to a serving bowl. If desired, drizzle maple syrup over the surface of the hummus. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and a pinch or two of flaky salt.
HOW TO ENJOY: Serve hummus with dippers like sliced apples and chocolate (or honey) graham crackers.
CHICKPEAS: Another name for garbanzo beans. It’s the same exact product. We’re using canned chickpeas because they’re already cooked and have a softened texture. If you only have dried chickpeas on hand, you’ll need to cook them first.
NO FOOD PROCESSOR OR HIGH-SPEED BLENDER? No problem. Add ingredients to a large bowl. Mash the mixture by hand with a potato masher tool or a standard fork. It’ll take some elbow grease, but it can be done.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Desserts
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chickpea Cookie Dough Hummus, Chickpea Cookie Dough, Cookie Dough Hummus, Dessert Hummus, Edible Cookie Dough