This Chinese chicken salad is a deeply-flavorful restaurant recipe. Drizzled with Asian salad dressing it’s healthy, savory, and satisfying. Assemble in 15 minutes and enjoy right now. Or make a DIY salad kit.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (thinly-sliced) green onions
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves (optional), roughly chopped
- Asian salad dressing 👈🏻 use this recipe
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup (crispy salad topper) wonton strips
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl. Pour half of the Asian dressing over the chicken and toss until all pieces are well coated. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes so the flavors can soak into the chicken.
- Add romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, pour the remaining dressing over the salad and toss.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, almonds, crispy wonton strips. Serve and enjoy immediately while the salad and toppings are crisp.
- More delicious add-ins: Mandarin orange slices, water chestnuts, baby corn, julienned orange or red bell pepper, snow peas, and sunflower seeds. Or use (salad topper) chow mein noodles instead of crispy wonton strips.
- How to make this recipe faster: Buy prepared items at the market to include a rotisserie chicken, ready-to-serve (chopped) Romaine lettuce, and packets of pre-shredded carrots and red cabbage.
- About homemade Asian dressing: If storing it longer than 2 to 3 days in the fridge, add the garlic and ginger just before serving. Without these ingredients the dressing will last much longer.
- DIY Salad Kit: Prep items individually and store them in separate in zip-top bags in the fridge. Just like Costco’s Chinese chicken salad kit. Cooked chicken stays fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. Chopped lettuce stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. The Asian dressing will stay fresh for 2 to 3 days, or longer without fresh garlic and ginger (add them to the dressing just before serving).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossing
- Cuisine: Western Chinese
Keywords: Chinese Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad Recipe