This chocolate chip banana bread is tender, moist and loaded with chocolate. Make this irresistible loaf in 4 easy steps! It’s so darn good.
- 3 very ripe (medium-sized) bananas, mashed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon white sparkling sugar (or turbinado sugar) for sprinkling
RECIPE PREP: Line a 9 x 5 (1.25 pound) metal loaf pan with a slightly oversized piece of parchment paper. Later, the excess paper will be used as “handles” to lift the bread from the pan. Lightly grease both the pan and parchment paper with baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, melted butter, light brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined and no large lumps remain. Do not over-mix the batter or the loaf will be heavy and dense and will sink in the middle when baked.
- Add 3/4 cup chocolate chips to the batter. Gently fold them in. Pour banana mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle sparking sugar over the surface (optional). Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it. Let it cool to room temperature (about 1 hour) before slicing.
NOTE: If using a glass loaf pan, bake at 325°F. Start checking for doneness after 45 minutes. If the loaf is still raw, continue checking in 5 minute intervals. Glass pans cook differently than metal pans.
HOW TO MAKE THIS LOAF MOISTER: Add 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt to the batter. Another option: 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk.
HOW TO STORE THIS BREAD: Cover the sliced end in plastic wrap. Place the loaf in an airtight container, or slip it into a large zip-top bag with the air pressed out. Store chocolate chip banana bread in a cool dry place for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe,