Chocolate chip M&M cookies are so colorful and festive! I’m absolutely in love with these delicious treats. Whether you’re baking up a batch of cookies for the holidays, a bake sale or a fun cookie exchange party, you can count on this special cookie recipe. It delivers up batches of scrumptious homemade goodness and plenty of smiles every single time. If you could see me right now – I’m on the edge of my seat, so excited to share one of my most popular cookie recipes with you today.
These delicious chocolate chip M&M cookies could also be called triple chocolate cookies. They’re packed with three fabulous chocolate flavors: cocoa, mini chocolate chips and regular-size M&M candies. If you’re trying to satisfy an intense chocolate craving, believe me, these delightful cookies will definitely do the trick!
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this chocolate chip M&M cookies recipe: salted butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar, pure Mexican vanilla (or regular vanilla extract), eggs, natural cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, sea salt, all-purpose flour, regular-size M&Ms, and mini chocolate morsels.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or with reusable silicone liners. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar and vanilla. With your little finger, swipe just a bit of the batter from the bowl and have a quick taste. Mmmm… So darn good.
Add in the eggs and mix briefly. Add in the salt, baking soda, cornstarch, and natural cocoa powder. Mix until well blended. Add in the flour and mix until it’s fully incorporated into the chocolatey batter. With a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gently fold in the M&Ms and the mini chocolate morsels. Your cookie dough is now ready to be scooped and baked on your cookie sheets.
I use a medium-sized cookie scoop to create evenly-sized chocolate chip M&M cookies, but you can use two teaspoons to lift and transfer the cookie dough to the cookie sheets. Either way works well!
Bake your cookies for 8 minutes. Although they may seem slightly undercooked when you pull them out of the oven, they will solidify as they cool. Because chocolate chip M&M cookies are dark in color it can often be hard to tell if your cookies are done, and you don’t want them to become burnt. So just know that if you pull the cookie sheets out of the oven after 8 minutes (and no longer than 10 minutes), your cooled cookies will be the perfect texture: soft on the top and in the middle, and just slightly firm on the bottom.
As soon as you pull your cookies out of the oven, manually add some additional M&Ms to the top of each cooke. The goal is for every single cookie to look beautiful, festive and full of glorious color. Unsure if that cookie you’re looking at needs and extra M&M or two? I say unleash the fun! Go ahead and add an additional three or four M&Ms to that beautiful cookie. Now doesn’t that look better? So much more festive and exciting!
And the taste of these chocolate chip M&M cookies is just so yummy and satisfying. I usually make a double batch so I can keep some here at home and gift out the rest to friends and family. I’m always about sharing the love and the warmth of heart that comes from the savory, delicious recipes that I bake up in my kitchen.
Here’s one last close-up look at these scrumptious chocolate chip M&M cookies. Can’t you almost smell and taste this chocolatey goodness? Who in your family will get to enjoy the first bite of your gorgeous cookies? Fingers crossed, I hope it’s you!
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies > SHOP THIS POST
I absolutely love my two KitchenAid stand mixers! I’ve had them both forever and I use them all the time. Today I used them to make two batches of these yummy chocolate chip M&M cookies. My mixers are both white, and although I feel lucky to have them – I secretly hope one will conk out so I can justify replacing it. I would really enjoy changing things up with a mixer that sports a lovely fresh color.
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
Yield 30 Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (pure Mexican vanilla preferred)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups M&Ms (regular-size M&Ms)
- 1 10-ounce package of mini chocolate morsels (chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup M&Ms for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar and vanilla. Add in eggs and mix until combined.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, cornstarch and cocoa powder. Mix until well blended. Add in the flour and mix again until it's well incorporated. With a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix briefly.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer. Use a spatula to gently fold the M&Ms and mini chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Use a cookie scoop or two teaspoons to transfer small balls of cookie dough onto the baking trays.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes (but no longer than 10 minutes max!). The cookies will seem to be a bit undercooked but they'll solidify when cooling. The cooled cookies will be soft on the top and middle, just slightly crisp on the bottom, and super yummy.
- As soon as the cookies are pulled out of the oven, garnish each one with several hand-placed M&Ms on top. Make them look festive, happy and gorgeous!
Courses Tea Time, Snack, Dessert, Party
?PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this fabulous CHOCOLATE CHIP M&MS COOKIES recipe for later!
❤️MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
CHOCOLATE CHIP M&M COOKIES > Your Thoughts
What is your favorite type of cookie? What do you think of these festive, colorful chocolate chip M&M cookies? Would these do the trick to crush your chocolate cravings? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!