This easy chocolate mousse recipe is the perfect dessert for every season! In our family, it’s requested on special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. Making a fresh batch of decadent chocolate mousse is a breeze! With a few basic ingredients, and a deep love of chocolate, this gourmet dessert comes together quickly.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE INGREDIENTS
Get your taste buds ready for this yummy recipe. Assemble this refreshing dessert in no time flat! Here’s what you’ll need for easy chocolate mousse:
- Homemade chocolate ganache
- A homemade batch of whipped cream
- Optional garnishes: shaved chocolate or chocolate sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Two easy homemade recipes merge to make this delicious chocolate dessert! Just look at this bowl filled with scrumptious goodness. It tastes just as decadent as it looks.
EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Reserve 1/4 of the whipped topping for later. We’ll use it to garnish the chocolate mousse.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold the cooled chocolate ganache into 3/4 of the freshly-made batch of yummy whipped cream.
ANOTHER OPTION:; Use the entire batch of whipped heavy cream to create the chocolate mousse. The texture will be lighter, creamier and more fluffy. It won’t have the stiffness needed for decorative piping, but it can be spooned into the dessert cups.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
- Stick the mixing bowl of chocolate mousse into the freezer for 20 minutes.
Don’t allow the mousse to freeze. We just want the mixture nice and cold! Chilling gives the mousse a chance to thicken, making it easier to pipe into serving cups and maintain a decorative shape.
BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
- Refrigerate the chocolate mousse or serve it immediately.
- If desired, garnish each serving with festive sprinkles or a zig-zagged drizzling of chocolate syrup!
MORE IDEAS FOR GARNISHING: When fresh raspberries are in season, place a few on top as a stunning garnish. A singular red strawberry with stem still on, is a very elegant touch. Fresh mint leaves beside the fruit is another simple way to elevate the look of this easy chocolate dessert!
HOW TO SERVE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Serve chocolate mousse with a dollop of whipped cream.
This easy gourmet recipe looks like you spent all day in the kitchen. Get ready to receive complements and requests for this easy recipe.
I WANT WHAT SHE HAS
These are the kitchen tools I use when making chocolate mousse from scratch. I bought my cute little dessert cups from a local brick-and-mortar store, but you can find a beautiful set of similar dishes online.
Below are Amazon affiliate links:
Delicious decadent chocolate mousse is very easy to make! It’s the merging of two homemade recipes: ganache and whipped cream. Together these recipes only require a grand total of 4 simple ingredients plus optional garnishes.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE INGREDIENTS: Ganache + Whipped Cream
- 1 + 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 four-ounce semisweet chocolate baking bars (high quality)
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Optional garnishes: whipped topping, chocolate shavings or sprinkles, raspberries, etc.
DIRECTIONS FOR GANACHE
Get the recipe here > Ganache
DIRECTIONS FOR WHIPPED CREAM
Get the recipe here > Homemade Whipped Cream
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Reserve 1/4 of the freshly-made batch of whipped topping for later. You’ll use it as a garnish for the chocolate mousse. Gently fold the cooled/slightly cold ganache into the rest of the whipped cream until the two recipes are completely combined.
- Stick the bowl of chocolate mousse into the freezer for 20 minutes, or refrigerate it for 45 minutes.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into small dessert cups. Or if you’re feeling fancy, use a pastry bag and decorating tip to pipe it. If desired, garnish with your favorite toppings.
- Refrigerate the cups of mousse until serving time.
- Category: Dessert, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe, how to make chocolate mousse
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Easy delicious chocolate mousse! Save this scrumptious dessert recipe for later – pin it to Pinterest right now!
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE – JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
What do you think about this yummy chocolate mousse? Would you love to whip up a batch of this homemade goodness and enjoy it with family and friends? Share your thoughts in the comments below!