This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelHoliday #CollectiveBias
Gather around the fire to celebrate the season with a beautiful Christmas tree cheese ball! When hosting a large party, I recommend doubling this recipe. After all, when it comes to holiday appetizers, two cheese balls are better than one!
CHEESE BALL RECIPE
Find everything you need for this yummy cheese ball recipe at Walmart. Before finalizing your grocery list, here’s some additional RO*TEL recipe inspiration: HOLIDAY APPETIZERS. RO*TEL is known for delivering bold, adventurous flavor. It’s an easy way to add a little kick to your favorite holiday recipes.
These are the ingredients you’ll need for the basic cheese ball formation:
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Bacon, cooked and crispy
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Optional: green onions
INGREDIENTS FOR GARNISHING CHEESE BALL
Here’s what you’ll need to decorate a Christmas tree cheese ball:
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh rosemary
- Sliced almonds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Grape tomatoes
- Yellow bell pepper
HOW TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS TREE CHEESE BALL
It’s super easy to make a festive Christmas tree cheese ball.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, and crumbled pieces of bacon.
- If desired, add sliced green onion.
- With a wooden spoon, mix everything together until fully incorporated.
Always taste your holiday appetizers before serving. This gives you the opportunity to adjust spices, or add an extra sprinkling of one or more ingredients, if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the cheese ball mixture to a pastry board or plate.
- With clean hands, gather, press and mold the cheese ball into the shape of a standing Christmas tree.
EASY CHEESE BALL RECIPE
Now comes the fun part: decorating your Christmas tree cheese ball! Press chopped parsley around the entire cheese ball.
HOW TO DECORATE A CHRISTMAS TREE CHEESE BALL
Recommended decorations for your Christmas tree cheese ball:
- Green branches: sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Bare branches: sliced almonds
- Christmas tree lights: pomegranate ariels
- Bulb decorations: grape tomatoes
- Star topper: yellow bell-pepper cutout
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A CHEESE BALL
After decorating your cheese ball, it can be enjoyed immediately. However, if you desire a harder consistency refrigerate it for 1-2 hours before serving. Here’s what to serve with your Christmas tree cheese ball:
- Variety of crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Apple and pear slices
- Radishes and carrot sticks
- Pita Chips
- Selection of cured meats
TIPS FOR HOSTING A HOLIDAY APPETIZER PARTY
Hosting a holiday appetizer and cocktail party has a lot of benefits. Unlike a holiday dinner, more guests can fit into a smaller space, and no extra tables, dinnerware or tablescapes are needed. Here are some helpful party tips:
- Choose a selection of appetizers that can be prepared in advance.
- For a beautiful spread, use a variety of colors and textures.
- Make things easy. Serve deli-bought appetizers alongside homemade ones.
- Ask guests to bring their favorite appetizer and a drink to share.
- Use a variety of serving dishes: round, square, holiday themed.
- Give your appetizer table eye-catching dimension! Create levels with tiered trays and cake stands. Use the tops of two wide sturdy candlesticks as the base for a rectangular platter.
- A beautiful floral centerpiece has a magical way of setting a festive tone!
MORE HOLIDAY APPETIZERS
Do you love this cheese ball recipe? Are you looking for more holiday appetizers?Print
When it comes to festive holiday appetizers, this Christmas tree cheese ball is a party favorite! For big gatherings, double this cheese ball recipe to make two trees.
- 2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, slightly softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, well drained
- 2/3 cup crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced green onion
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or cilantro (about 1-1/4 cups)
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 6–12 grape tomatoes, halved *
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut out 1 or 2 stars
- Assorted crackers
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar, RO*TEL, bacon bits, and onion (if desired). Mix well until all ingredients are fully blended. With a spoon or spatula, transfer mixture to a board or plate.
- With your hands, mold cheese ball into a tall Christmas tree.
- Cover all sides with chopped parsley. Garnish cheese ball with small sprigs of rosemary and sliced almonds. Decorate with grape tomatoes and pomegranate ariels. Top Christmas tree cheese ball with one or two bell-pepper stars.
- With a wide spatula, transfer cheese ball to a platter or cake stand. Surround the tree with crackers. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
- Share this holiday cheese ball recipe with family and friends!
*You can use both halves of 6 grape tomatoes, or just the bottom half of 12.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook Recipe
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheese Ball Recipe, Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
CHEESE BALL RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite holiday appetizers? What do you think about this festive, Christmas tree cheese ball? Join the conversation in the comments below!