When it comes to festive holiday appetizers, this Christmas tree cheese ball is a party favorite! For big gatherings, double this cheese ball recipe to make two trees.
- 2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, slightly softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, well drained
- 2/3 cup crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced green onion
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or cilantro (about 1-1/4 cups)
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 6–12 grape tomatoes, halved *
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut out 1 or 2 stars
- Assorted crackers
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar, RO*TEL, bacon bits, and onion (if desired). Mix well until all ingredients are fully blended. With a spoon or spatula, transfer mixture to a board or plate.
- With your hands, mold cheese ball into a tall Christmas tree.
- Cover all sides with chopped parsley. Garnish cheese ball with small sprigs of rosemary and sliced almonds. Decorate with grape tomatoes and pomegranate ariels. Top Christmas tree cheese ball with one or two bell-pepper stars.
- With a wide spatula, transfer cheese ball to a platter or cake stand. Surround the tree with crackers. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
- Share this holiday cheese ball recipe with family and friends!
*You can use both halves of 6 grape tomatoes, or just the bottom half of 12.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook Recipe
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheese Ball Recipe, Christmas Tree Cheese Ball