Most everyone loves warm yummy Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. If you’ve had the pleasure of tasting the pure deliciousness of these cinnamon rolls at the airport or a shopping mall, you’re familiar with their awesome goodness. Once you take a bite of these mouth-watering pastries I think you’ll agree, this copycat Cinnabon recipe really captures the flavor of the name-brand product.
Years ago I owned a fundraising company. One of the brand-name products I carried were Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. These heavenly pastries were a huge seller! So naturally I wanted to uncover the secret recipe for how to make these Cinnabon cinnamon rolls at home.
About This Homemade Cinnabon Recipe
Because I had numerous pallets of Cinnabon product in cold storage, I had a bit of an edge in making this happen. One week I pulled a case of Cinnabon out of the warehouse to use as taste-test samples. Then I began to experiment with cinnamon roll recipes in my kitchen. After trial and error I discovered the perfect ingredient combination. Above are the ingredients you’ll need for this cinnamon roll recipe.
How Do You Make Homemade Cinnamon Rolls?
In this post I’ll show you exactly how to make a batch of scrumptious homemade cinnamon rolls. They’re guaranteed to satisfy your sugar craving and have you dreaming about baking up your next batch! Just scroll down the page for the printable Cinnabon recipe with detailed instructions. Below are some images I took while making these delightful pastries. They really do taste just as good as they look.
Here’s an image of how the dough should look after using your dough hook. After the dough is prepared, transfer it to a buttered mixing bowl and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise for about an hour or until doubled in size. I put my bowl inside the oven (no heat) because it’s a nice enclosed space that will not be disturbed and provides an even temperature with no drafts.
Once the dough rises transfer it to a marble pastry board or cutting board that’s been lightly sprinkled with flour. Roll out the dough to approximately 12 inches X 16 inches. Using a silicone spatula, spread softened butter evenly over the dough.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the butter in an even layer.
From the long end, begin rolling the dough into the shape of a log. Using either a sharp knife or floss, cut the log into 12 cinnamon rolls of equal size. Carefully place the cinnamon rolls into one long square baker or two smaller bakers. Cover the baking dish with a clean dish cloth and allow the cinnamon rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
The image above shows the cinnamon rolls after they have risen for 30 minutes. Tent the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove the foil tent and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are just lightly golden brown.
How Long Do Cinnabons Last in the Fridge?
When stored in the fridge inside an air-tight container, your Cinnabons will stay fresh for up to five days.
Homemade Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe >> Best Kitchen Tools
Below are the recommended kitchen tools for making these delicious homemade Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. One of my favorite kitchen tools is my marble pastry slab. I purchased mine at Crate and Barrel, but you can purchase yours through Amazon. I also love my sugar shaker as it removes lumps from the brown sugar.Print
Most everyone loves warm yummy Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. If you’ve had the pleasure of tasting the pure deliciousness of these cinnamon rolls at the airport or a shopping mall, you’re familiar with their awesome goodness.
INGREDIENTS FOR DOUGH
- 1 packet active dry yeast OR rapid rise yeast (2 + 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus a little extra to lightly flour pastry board)
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)*
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons pure Mexican vanilla (or regular vanilla extract)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOUGH
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast in warm milk until lightly foamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Attach the bowl to the mixer along with the dough hook. Kneed the dough for about 4 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Grease a clean mixing bowl with butter. Transfer the dough to the buttered bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Allow dough to rise undisturbed for one hour or until doubled in size.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING
- Generously grease one rectangular baking dish (or two square bakers) with butter. Put aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Transfer the mixture to a sugar shaker (this will eliminate any lumps from the brown sugar). Put aside.
- Transfer the dough to a clean pastry board lightly dusted with flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangle that’s approximately twelve inches by sixteen inches.
- With a spatula, spread the softened butter evenly over the dough. Using the sugar shaker, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the entire surface of the dough.
- From the long end, carefully roll the dough into a log. With a knife or floss, cut the dough into 12 cinnamon rolls. Transfer cinnamon rolls to the buttered baking dish, leaving enough space in between.
- Cover the baking dish with a towel. Allow cinnamon rolls to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the cinnamon rolls. Tent the baking dish with foil. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15 minutes with the foil tent. Remove the foil tent and bake for another 10 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are lightly golden brown. (Total baking time – approximately 25 minutes.)
- Prepare the icing while the cinnamon rolls are baking.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ICING
- In a mixing bowl, whip the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Using an icing spatula, frost the baked cinnamon rolls with icing while they’re still warm.
*If using salted butter, simply reduce the amount of salt used from 1/4 teaspoon to 1/8 teaspoon.
Keywords: copycat cinnabon, cinnamon rolls, cinnabon recipe
Cinnabon Recipe > Pin It To Pinterest
Stop for a moment and save this scrumptious Cinnabon recipe for later. Pin it to Pinterest!
❤️More Recipes You’ll Love
This recipe for delicious Lemon Blueberry Scones with Vanilla Glaze is destined to become one of your favorite recipes.
Here’s how to make Sweet Buttery Cornbread. If you love cornbread, you’ll want to make this recipe!
CINNABON RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you remember the first time you were introduced to these delicious cinnamon rolls? What do you think about this yummy Cinnabon recipe? I invite you to join the conversation by leaving a comment below. I’d love to hear from you!