This refreshing coleslaw has a beautiful flavor profile. It features a bright, tangy coleslaw dressing that elevates the traditional recipe! Make this summer salad in 20 minutes or less.
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
INGREDIENTS FOR COLESLAW DRESSING
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Shred the cabbage and carrots with a food processor or a knife. Mince the dill.
- Add the shredded produce to a salad bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add all the ingredients for the coleslaw dressing to a small mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the coleslaw. Use salad tongs to mix in the dressing.
- Your beautiful salad is ready to be served!
- HOW MUCH COLESLAW TO MAKE PER PERSON? When serving a crowd, expect each guest to serve about 1/2 cup of salad. When coleslaw is the main side dish at a family dinner, expect each person to serve one cup of salad.
- HOW LONG DOES COLESLAW LAST IN THE REFRIGERATOR? Fully assembled and stored in an air-tight container, coleslaw will last about 3 days in the fridge. Before serving, drain off excess liquid.
- CAN COLESLAW BE MADE IN ADVANCE? Yes! Shred the produce. Store each type in an individual zip-top bag. This will keep the cabbage and carrots fresh. It will also prevent the purple cabbage from bleeding onto the other produce. Prep the dressing, store it in a small jar, and refrigerate. Assemble the salad just before serving.
- BEST TYPES OF CABBAGE FOR MAKING COLESLAW: For a traditional recipe, start with a head of green cabbage as the base. The addition of red cabbage will give this delightful salad some beautiful color and texture. You can also use a lovely head of Napa cabbage or savoy.
- TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY RECIPE IN 10 MINUTES FLAT: At the market look for packets of pre-shredded carrots and cabbage, or a pack of shredded cabbage mix. Simply empty the packets into your serving bowl, prepare the coleslaw dressing, and mix everything together.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing Bowl
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Coleslaw, Coleslaw Dressing