This sweet buttery cornbread is a traditional bread basket favorite! Serve with soup or salad or a delicious bowl of chili. This cornbread recipe is also perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Albers yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, finely chopped into teeny tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Briefly mix to combine. Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix until just blended. Do NOT overmix.
- Using a small cookie scoop fill two mini muffin pans with cornbread batter 2/3 full.
- Bake one pan of cornbread at a time in the middle of the oven for 7 minutes. Remove each pan from the oven promptly before the cornbread edges become brown. The cornbread’s sides should be the same soft buttery yellow color as the top of the muffins – not brown.
- Allow the cornbread muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Using a skinny spatula, gently remove the mini cornbread from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with additional butter and honey.
RECIPE YIELD: This homemade cornbread recipe makes 56 mini muffins OR 18 regular-sized muffins OR one 8-inch-square loaf of cornbread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cornbread, Sweet Buttery Cornbread, Cornbread Recipe, Sweet Cornbread, Thanksgiving Recipe, Bread Recipe