These are the best crunchy ground beef tacos. Our homemade Taco Bell taco seasoning recipe brings home the taste and flavors of Americana. The Taco Bell meat recipe is quick and easy to make!
TACO BELL TACO SEASONING
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated beef bouillon (Knorr Caldo con Sabor de Res)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder
CRUNCHY GROUND BEEF TACOS
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Ground beef taco seasoning (see above)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Preformed crunchy taco shells (from a box)
- Sour cream
- Lettuce (iceberg or Romaine), shredded
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- Medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional: taco sauce
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
- Add dry ingredients and spices to a small bowl.
- With a spoon, mix well to combine.
TACO BELL MEAT RECIPE
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and brown the ground beef until there’s no more pink. With a spatula, break up the beef into little pieces.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Allow meat to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If more salt is needed, add a light sprinkling of granulated beef bouillon.
ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
- Fill a crunchy taco shell 1/3 full with cooked ground beef.
- Add a thin layer of sour cream on top of the beef.
- Add a thick layer of shredded lettuce.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.
- HOW TO MAKE LEAN GROUND BEEF MORE JUICY? Brown the meat in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. If needed, drizzle a touch of heart-healthy oil over the cooked ground beef.
- WHAT IS A CRUNCHY TACO? At Taco Bell this is their basic taco. The crispy shell is filled with just 3 ingredients: ground beef, shredded lettuce, and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
- WHAT IS A TACO SUPREME? At Taco Bell these are their ground beef tacos that include both sour cream and tomatoes.
- HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TACO SHELLS? You’ll need corn tortillas and vegetable oil. Add 1/4 inch oil to a small skillet. Heat oil over medium heat. When it shimmers, add a tortilla. After 5 to 10 seconds, flip the tortilla over with tongs and bend it in half. Keep frying with the tip of the tongs inside the fold to keep the shell wide open as it hardens.
HOW TO SERVE TACOS
- Arrange taco shells in a basket or bowl lined with a kitchen towel.
- Use a crockpot to keep the meat warm.
- Place toppings in small bowls: sour cream, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, and diced tomatoes. Include a bottle of hot sauce.
- Encourage guests to assemble their own crispy ground beef tacos!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Late Night, Taco Tuesday, Party
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican, American, Tex-Mex
Keywords: Ground Beef Tacos, Taco Bell meat recipe, Taco Bell taco seasoning recipe