Today I’m sharing my scrumptious Fiesta Taco Dip recipe. It reminds me of my second home on the Pacific shores of Mexico where every day is full of sunshine, good food and plenty of fun fiestas!
TACO DIP INGREDIENTS
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix (1 ounce)
- 1 4-ounce can of mild, diced green chilies
TACO DIP GARNISHES
1 large leaf of Romaine lettuce
- 1 large handful of grape tomatoes, diced
- 1+ 1/2 tablespoons of red onion, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (add more cheese if you wish!)
- A few cilantro leaves left on their stem as the center garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sour cream and the taco seasoning mix. Using a wooden spoon, mix these ingredients well until the consistency of the dip is smooth and creamy. Add the diced green chilies to the mixing bowl. Gently fold them in.
- Lay a clean, dry leaf of Romain lettuce across a medium-sized plate or platter. Spoon the taco dip onto the middle of the lettuce leaf leaving a short rim of the lettuce showing all the way around.
- Garnish the dip with diced grape tomatoes, chopped red onion and bell pepper, black olives, and shredded cheddar cheese. Optional garnish: A few leaves of cilantro right in the middle.
- Serve with restaurant-style tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex
Keywords: fiesta taco dip, taco dip, taco dip recipe