This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This no-bake fresh strawberry pie is a refreshing dessert that’s quick and easy to make. Arrange the berries inside a homemade or store-bought pie crust. Pour strawberry glaze over the top. Chill the pie in the fridge until the filling has set. Garnish with vanilla whipped cream.
🍓 Why You’ll Love This Easy Recipe
It’s so exciting when brilliant-red strawberries start making an appearance at local markets. The whole family knows it’s time to make and enjoy a fresh strawberry pie. Here’s why I love this easy recipe, and why you will too.
- It’s the perfect way to enjoy fresh strawberries during the peak of strawberry season – going farm to table. Find freshly-picked berries at farmer’s markets, or at roadside stands.
- This recipe is very versatile – you choose the type of pie crust. For a complete no-bake strawberry pie, use a store-bought or homemade graham cracker crust, vanilla wafer crust, or an Oreo cookie crust. My favorite is a deep dish pie crust that’s tender and flaky.
- We don’t bake the fruit filling. We use fresh fruit rather than cooked fruit, which gives our strawberry pie filling the best, most delicious texture. We want to taste and appreciate the freshly-picked fruit.
- Make an easy strawberry glaze in just 3 minutes. Or pick up a container of strawberry glaze at the market – like Marie’s or Marzetti. They’re usually stocked in the produce section next to the fruit.
- You can add another layer of texture to this no-bake fresh strawberry pie. Dollop it with whipped cream or Cool Whip. It’s no wonder this beautiful pie is the go-to dessert of the season.
- Pie Crust: Use a store-bought, no-bake crust, or this easy recipe for a perfect homemade pie crust 👉🏻 deep dish pie crust.
- Fresh Strawberries: About 3 pounds. Select berries with fresh-looking green leaves. They should be plump and firm with no signs of mold, and boast a bright-red color with a natural shine.
- Strawberry Glaze: Buy a container of strawberry glaze at the market, or just make it from scratch 👉🏻 strawberry glaze.
- Whipped Topping: You can buy a spray can of whipped topping or a tub of Cool Whip. But the freshest option is making a batch of your own 👉🏻 vanilla whipped cream.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe Steps
RECIPE PREP: Rinse and hull the strawberries. You can use a paring knife and trim the top of the berries to remove their leaves. Or use a super-handy strawberry huller – my tool of choice.
🥧 Assemble the Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Select a prepared crust. You can make a homemade crust, or use a store-bought or bakery crust that’s prepped and ready to go. If using a classic pie crust, it should be pre-baked, not raw.
- Arrange the fresh berries inside the pie crust, hulled-side down.
- Pour strawberry glaze evenly over the berries. Refrigerate until set – about 2 to 4 hours depending on the temperature of your fridge.
- If desired, garnish the top of the strawberry pie with a scoop of whipped cream in the center. Or for a glamorous pie-shop presentation, pipe on whipped cream in dollops.
🥣 Expert Tip: For parties, I keep in mind that some guests cannot eat dairy. So I present the fresh strawberry pie ungarnished – with a bowl of whipped cream on the side. Because everyone deserves to enjoy some dessert.
🧑🏼🍳 Recipe FAQ
These are the most commonly-asked questions for making the BEST no-bake strawberry pie, and the most helpful answers for recipe success.
You can make a fresh strawberry pie 1 day in advance, and it will taste delicious. But it’s best to enjoy it the same day its made. As the fresh berries rest in the crust, they begin to shed their juices. This extra liquid starts thinning out the glaze, softening the pie crust, and the berries start loosing their firmness.
Fresh strawberries are best. But in a pinch you can use frozen (thawed) strawberries. But know they will not be as firm as fresh berries, and will have a very soft texture. They may also weep more liquid than fresh berries which will affect the texture of the glaze. For best results, serve the pie immediately after the glaze has chilled and set.
Hands down, the best choice is a (pre-baked) pastry crust that’s tender, buttery and flaky. But other great options include a vanilla wafer crust, graham cracker crust, or Oreo cookie crust. You can make one at home, or buy it at the market.
🍰 More No-Bake Desserts
When the weather heats up we all want cool, refreshing no-bake desserts. Here are some of our favorites. We know you’ll love them too.
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Watergate Salad Dessert
- Ambrosia Salad Dessert
- Yogurt Fruit Ice Pops
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Rate This Recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST no-bake fresh strawberry pie. They loved the delicious taste and texture of the ripe juicy berries, the strawberry glaze and the flaky crust. They enjoyed their servings with fresh whipped cream.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
Assemble this refreshing, (no-bake) fresh strawberry pie in less than 10 minutes with 4 ingredients. It’s quick, easy and delicious. The perfect spring and summer dessert. Enjoy it on the 4th of July.
- Arrange the fresh strawberries inside the pie crust, cut side down. It’s fine to overlap the berries. We want all holes filled – with no empty spaces.
- Pour strawberry glaze evenly over the berries so that all pieces are well coated.
- Refrigerate the pie for 2 to 4 hours, or until the glaze has set.
- Garnish with dollops of fresh whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fresh Strawberry Pie, No-Bake Strawberry Pie, No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Pie Recipe
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie 👉🏻 Join the Convo
Have you enjoyed a fresh strawberry pie this season? Are you excited to make this easy recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you.