Strawberry frosé is a summer cocktail that’s colorful, boozy and lightly sweet. Make this slushy drink in just 5 minutes.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) frozen strawberries
- 1 (750 mL) bottle rose wine
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar, or simple syrup)
OPTIONAL ADD-INS / GARNISHES
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice, if needed for balancing flavors
- 1 cup ice, for a slushier beverage
- Fresh strawberries, mint or edible flowers for garnishing glasses
RECIPE PREP: If your blender container is freezer safe, chill the pitcher in the freezer for 15 minutes. It’ll help the frozen rosé achieve a frostier texture. While the blender jar is chilling, chill the wine or beverage glasses as well.
- Add strawberries, rosé, and honey to blender jar. Firmly attach the lid of the blender. Blend until smooth – about 45 seconds.
- Do a taste test. If needed, add some lemon juice to balance out the flavor. If a thicker, slushier texture is desired, add 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth. Need it thicker still? Add more frozen strawberries and blend again.
- Divide the frosé among chilled wine glasses. Garnish the rim of each glass with a fresh firm strawberry. If desired, include a fresh sprig of mint or some edible flowers. Enjoy immediately while the glass is still frosty and the drink is slushy.
TYPE OF ROSE FOR THIS RECIPE: Use any rosé wine of your choosing, including a sparking rosé or even champagne. Syrah is also a good choice. If you prefer hearty and bold, try pinot noir or merlot rosé. For this frozen drink, the bottle of wine need not be expensive!
COCKTAIL TIPS: For extra alcohol and flavor, add 1/2 cup vodka in Step 1 of this recipe. Or substitute peach schnapps or triple sec for the honey. Always drink responsibly and in moderation. Never drink and drive.
HOW TO MAKE MELTED FROSÉ SLUSHY AGAIN: If the frosé has started to melt, add 1 cup ice and blend until smooth. If the mixture is thin or liquidy, thicken it up by adding in a few more frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Frozen Rosé, Strawberry Frosé, Frosé, Frosé Drink, Frosé Recipe