Mmmm…rich, thick, decadent ganache! Just thinking of it brings on happiness and thoughts of special gourmet chocolate desserts! I’m not the only one in my household obsessed with all things ganache. My husband looks forward to it generously drizzled over his birthday cake, or when I use it to make light and fluffy chocolate mousse. The whole family loves it spread in a nice thick layer over mint chocolate brownies, and as a whipped chocolate frosting for cupcakes. Ganache is a gourmet delicacy that’s unbelievably easy to make from scratch. Chocolate lovers, get ready to meet your new favorite recipe!
How to Make Ganache
How do you make ganache? Seriously, this fabulous recipe is made with just two simple ingredients: high-quality baking chocolate and heavy cream (whipping cream). This is how to make ganache from scratch: Begin by pulling out a small/medium pot that’s at least twice as high as the level of cream you’re using, a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, and measuring cups. Open the packets of chocolate and snap the bars into very small pieces. Over medium/high heat, bring the heavy cream to a light boil. Quickly turn off the heat but still leave the pot sitting right on the burner.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
Add the pieces of chocolate to the hot cream. Continue stirring until the chocolate completely melts. You’ve successfully made a fresh batch of yummy ganache! Transfer the mixture from the pan to a bowl. Refrigerate until just cooled. Your ganache is now ready to use in your favorite recipe! For drizzling over cakes as a decadent icing, you’ll want the ganache to be room temperature so it’s easy to pour. For making whipped chocolate frosting you’ll want it cold but not firm. Below are two popular ways to use this super yummy recipe! If you have other fabulous ideas for using this recipe, please feel free to share them in the comment area at the end of this post.
Chocolate Ganache Recipes
This scrumptious CHOCOLATE MOUSSE is a quick and easy dessert recipe you can make in a flash with just 4 simple ingredients. A huge hurrah to beauty, taste and simplicity! I like using this recipe when I’m short on time but still want to impress friends and family with a delicious, decadent gorgeous treat. It’s light, fluffy and so delightful. I wish I could reach through my screen to hand you a spoonful!
These scrumptious MINT BROWNIES with chocolate ganache are a dessert lover’s dream come true! This recipe starts with a delicious brownie base. The brownies are then covered with a fluffy mint frosting and a fabulous thick layer of chocolate ganache. Mmmm….What could be better? This dessert is perfect for parties, birthdays, potlucks and holidays. I recommend making a double batch!
Recommended Kitchen Tools for Making Ganache Recipe
These are the kitchen tools I used to make this quick and easy ganache recipe! One of my favorites is my clear batter bowl with handle and spout. It’s a very handy kitchen tool that I turn to time and again. Mine has a convenient lid just like the one below. An easy inexpensive way to freshen up your kitchen for spring is with a beautiful new set of kitchen towels, pot holders and oven mitts. Right now I’m lovin’ on these items in white and yellow with fresh-looking patterns. For making whipped chocolate frosting and other everyday recipes, I highly recommend investing in this essential kitchen tool.
Chocolate GANACHE is a decadent gourmet treat that’s quick and easy to make and very versatile. Use ganache to glaze cakes, make homemade chocolate frosting, tarts, brownies, mousse, truffles, and as a yummy chocolate dip for fruit, cookies and more. Mmm…it’s so darn yummy!
- 1 + 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 four-ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking bars (use high-quality chocolate!)
- Snap the chocolate baking bars into small pieces and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a light boil. Immediately turn off the heat but allow the pan to remain on the burner.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the hot cream. With a wooden spoon or heat-safe spatula, stir, stir, stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. There should be no lumps.
- Transfer your chocolate ganache to a heat-safe bowl. Refrigerate it briefly until it’s cooled down to room temperature. (If you leave it in the refrigerator too long the chocolate will harden up.) Your ganache is now ready to star in your favorite dessert recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- STORAGE. How long will ganache last? Ganache will last for up to two weeks when refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- ICING FOR CAKE. How much ganache is needed to glaze a cake? This recipe yields enough ganache to glaze one 3-layer cake.
- HOMEMADE FROSTING. How to make chocolate frosting? Cool your freshly-made ganache in the refrigerator until it’s cool to the touch. Transfer the cold ganache to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip the ganache on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to hold it’s shape. (Don’t over whip the ganache or it will develop a grainy texture.) Now you’re ready to frost a yummy batch of cupcakes! I like using a decorating tip – it’s a super easy way to make desserts look fancy!
- HOW TO SOFTEN HARDENED GANACHE. How do you reheat ganache? Briefly reheat it in a saucepan on your stovetop (or in the microwave) to bring it back to pouring or spreading consistency.
- FLAVORED GANACHE. How to make flavored ganache? Simply add in one tablespoon of vanilla extract, or your favorite liqueur (mine is Kahlua), or espresso powder to taste, etc.
Keywords: dark chocolate ganache, chocolate ganache recipe
GANACHE RECIPE >> PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this essential, versatile GANACHE RECIPE right now! Pin it to Pinterest and share it with your friends.
DECADENT GANACHE MADE FROM SCRATCH > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Are you a huge chocolate lover like me? What do you think about this easy ganache recipe? Which desserts do you love eating that can be elevated with the simple addition of this chocolaty goodness? I invite you to join the conversation in the comments below. It’s always fun to share great ideas!