This beautiful grilled potato salad recipe is tasty, satisfying and super easy to make. Wow your family and guests with this colorful gourmet-looking dish. Serve completely coated in scrumptious dressing, or choose a lightened-up version of this recipe with cream fraiche dressing lightly drizzled across the top.
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes, rinsed and lightly scrubbed
- 2-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly-cracked black pepper
- Optional: a few gherkin pickles, minced
CREAMY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1 8-ounce container cream fraiche
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill, lightly chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a large pot of heavily-salted water, boil the fingerling potatoes until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat a cast-iron grill on your stovetop. On a cutting board, slice potatoes in half length-wise. Transfer to a large baking tray. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat on the grill to high. Grill the potatoes flat side down until light char-marks are visible on the flesh. Transfer the potatoes to a large serving bowl and put it aside.
- Create the mustard dressing: In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream fraiche, dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you’d like to serve your potato salad classic style, slice the grilled potato halves into thirds. Fold the dressing and chopped fresh dill into the potatoes so they’re well coated. If you’d like, add in some chopped gherkin pickles to punch up the taste! Allow 30 minutes for the flavors to meld together and soak in. Just before serving, garnish with fresh dill and more salt and pepper.
- If serving a lightened-up version of this recipe, neatly stack the potatoes onto a serving platter grilled side up sprinkling chopped dill and salt and pepper in between the layers. Lightly drizzle the top of the salad with creamy dressing. Place the remaining dressing in a carafe beside the dish so family and friends can add on more as desired. Generously garnish the top and sides of your grilled potato salad with sprigs of fresh dill. Grind more black pepper on top, and sprinkle with more salt.
- Serve this tasty dish at room temperature.
Keywords: grilled potato salad, summer potato salad, potato salad recipe