This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This Halloween guacamole witch dip will be the star attraction on your Halloween table. It’s an easy appetizer recipe that’s fun to make and comes together quickly. If desired, you can also create a spooky guacamole spider web – the residence for her pet spider Boris.
About This Halloween Guacamole Dip
When hosting a Halloween party, expect your guests to gobble up dips and treats like hungry monsters. Guacamole appetizers are guaranteed to satisfy the hunger of all the ghouls and ghosts at your celebration. Make sure there’s enough to share.
And when prepping appetizers for your party, it’s important to find ways to save time. For quickly assembling tasty Halloween guacamole, I use an awesome shortcut – a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. It gives this savory dip an authentic, delicious flavor.
- Avocados: Look for ripe Haas Avocados from Mexico. They should have a dark purple skin and should look firm with a bit of softness to the touch, but not overly soft.
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies: Find it in the canned food aisle at the market where the other diced tomatoes are. It’s awesome shortcut when making guacamole. It eliminates the need to fire roast Roma tomatoes over the grates of a gas stove.
- Onion: White onion is preferred, but feel free to use a yellow onion instead.
- Lime Juice: For a delicious authentic Mexican flavor. The acid also helps the guacamole from turning brown.
- Kosher Salt: Enhances the flavor of the guacamole.
- Ground Black Pepper: For an earthy, rustic taste with a bit of heat.
🥑 Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Pit and peel three ripe avocados.
- Add them to a medium mixing bowl, and mash the avocados with a fork.
- Stir in the drained tomatoes, chopped onion, and lime juice.
- Season the guacamole dip with salt and pepper to taste.
🧑🏼🍳 Make a Halloween Guacamole Witch
- Prepare guacamole recipe above.
- Pull out an oval serving tray. Spread guacamole evenly over the bottom 3/4 of the platter.
- Form a triangular face shape that’s slightly rounded at the bottom.
- Use long strips of carrot for hair. Form a witch hat with blue corn tortilla chips.
- Create eyebrows with 2 wedges of lime. Use 2 hairy carrot tops for facial warts.
- Use a strip of red bell pepper for the mouth. Use a small dill pickle for the warted nose.
- Create sunken eye sockets with round pieces of yellow bell pepper. Add eyeballs to the sockets with black olives. Bwahahaha…your Halloween guacamole witch is complete!
🕷 Make a Spider Web Guacamole Dip
Here’s how to make a guacamole spider web for Halloween. It belongs to the wicked witch. It’s the primary residence for her pet spider Boris.
- Prepare the guacamole recipe.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl. Use a spatula to create an even surface.
- Add sour cream to a squeeze tube or a decorating bag with tip.
- Pipe 4 concentric circles on the surface of the dip.
- Form a spider web pattern in the guacamole by using the tip of a bamboo skewer or scriber needle. Pull several lines straight down from the center.
- Create Boris the spider from black olives. His eyes are tiny candies!
🧟♂️ Spooky Halloween Appetizer Table
Setting up a spooky Halloween appetizer table is very easy. With a little creativity and a few simple low-cost recipes like our Halloween guacamole witch dip, you don’t have to spend a fortune to put together an over-the-top, jaw-dropping Halloween display.
You can make additional batches of guacamole and add them to small plastic cauldrons. Add Spanish manzanilla olives to the top and add a pretzel stick as the stirring rod.
👻 Halloween Party Tips
These are the best Halloween party tips for a spooky event with the star of the show being the Halloween guacamole witch.
- Pull together a cohesive look by selecting three main colors.
- Stick to one Halloween theme: happy, spooky or scary.
- Select a few easy Halloween recipes, like guacamole. Once your guests arrive you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen prepping and cooking elaborate appetizers and dishes.
- Start shopping early (August/September) for deals on Halloween decor and supplies.
- Compare pricing from party stores and online retailers. Many brick-and-mortar stores stay competitive by price matching.
- When setting up food tables, incorporate various heights and levels. Use small crates, and spooky books for a stunning visual effect.
Cake stands are an easy way to elevate the look of your appetizer table. For Halloween parties I pull out a few black ones and use them alongside my white cake stands.
🎃 More Halloween Party Food
If you loved our Halloween guacamole witch, you’ll enjoy the spooky recipes below. Browse our full collection of Halloween party favorites in our Halloween category.
- Witch Finger Cookies
- Mummy Hot Dogs
- Green Popcorn Slime
- Spiderweb Chocolate Bark
- Halloween Brownie Bites
- Halloween Pumpkin Macarons
Rate This Recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers were over-the-moon excited about digging into our Halloween guacamole witch dip. They said it was the best guacamole appetizer they had seen or enjoyed at a Halloween party. The taste was savory and delicious, and the presentation was amazing.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
Make this easy Guacamole Witch dip appetizer for your Halloween party. If desired (optional), double the recipe and make a Guacamole Spider Web as well. It’s the primary residence for the witch’s pet spider Boris.
Guacamole Dip Recipe
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 (10-ounce) can RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
For Assembling a Guacamole Witch
- Carrots: Cut long thin strips for hair, and use the rough carrot tops for facial warts.
- Blue corn tortilla chips: For making the witch’s hat.
- Petite Kosher Dill Pickle: For the nose.
- Red bell pepper: Cut a short twisted strip for the mouth.
- Lime: Cut 2 wedges to create the eyebrows.
- Yellow bell pepper: Cut 2 circular pieces to create sunken eye sockets.
- Black olives: For the eyeballs. Place them on top of the bell pepper circles.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.
- Add the drained tomatoes, chopped onion and lime juice. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble a spooky guacamole witch.
- Serve and enjoy with restaurant-style tortilla chips.
Guacamole Spider Web: To make this optional dip, use the same guacamole recipe. See the blog post for instructions on how to create the spider web.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween Guacamole Witch, Halloween Guacamole Dip, Halloween Guacamole
Authentic Mexican Guacamole
Did you enjoy this easy guacamole recipe? Get ready to try our authentic Mexican guacamole. It’s a restaurant recipe from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.