Guinness corned beef sliders on Hawaiian rolls are wildly delicious! These easy party sandwiches are a real crowd pleaser. Serve them on St. Patrick’s Day as appetizers or with a side of crispy kettle chips for a full meal.
- 4 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, or white boiler onions (trimmed and peeled)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Optional: 1-2 bay leaves
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 11.2 ounces Guinness draught beer (1 bottle)
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 1 package of coleslaw mix
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Dijon mustard for spreading, as desired
- Optional: mayonnaise for spreading
- Baby Kosher dill pickles (whole)
HOW TO COOK CORNED BEEF FOR SLIDERS
- Add onions and garlic to inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Add wire rack on top. Pour Guinness beer and water into the pot. Place corned beef brisket on the metal rack, fat cap down. Sprinkle spices over the top of the meat. Add 1-2 bay leaves, if desired. With tongs, turn over beef so the fat cap faces up.
- INSTANT POT USERS: Close the lid. Turn venting knob to sealing position. Select HIGH PRESSURE. Cook 1.5 hours. (Allow an additional 15 minutes for pressure to build.) Follow manufacture’s guide for quick release (about 5 minutes).
- MEALTHY MULTIPOT USERS: Seal the lid. Set steam vent to SEALING. Press PRESSURE COOK + HIGH PRESSURE. Cook 90 minutes. Quick release remaining pressure: set steam vent to VENTING.
- Carefully open the lid of the pressure cooker. Lift up the metal tray that’s holding the meat. Transfer corned beef to a platter. Remove bay leaves, onions and solids. Strain the liquid. Reserve one cup in case it’s needed for sprinkling over the meat to keep it from drying out.
- Thinly slice beef against the grain.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE CORNED BEEF SLIDERS
- Horizontally slice Hawaiian rolls in half.
- Spread a layer of mustard over the bottom half of each roll. If desired, spread some mayonnaise on the top half of the bun.
- Place 2-3 slices of corned beef on the bottom bun. Sprinkle the meat with freshly-chopped dill. Add 1/4 cup coleslaw to each.
- Place the top halves of the Hawaiian rolls on the sliders.
- Garnish each beef slider with a baby dill pickle. Pierce the party sandwiches down the middle with wooden party picks to help hold everything together.
- WHAT’S THE BEST TYPE OF BEER FOR CORNED BEEF? I prefer Guinness draught beer for this pressure cooker recipe for corned beef sandwiches. Stout beer can give the corned beef a bold and bitter taste. And truth be told, I buy both types for St. Patrick’s Day: one for cooking, and one for drinking!
- HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PICKLING SPICE: If your corned beef brisket does not include a spice packet, here’s how to make a homemade blend: 2 whole bay leaves, 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds, 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon allspice berries (whole).
- QUICK TIP FOR PARTY SANDWICHES: No time to cook a beef brisket? Just run to the deli and purchase 3.5 pounds of thinly-sliced corned beef!
- NO HAWAIIAN ROLLS FOR CORNED BEEF SLIDERS? You can use any type of slider buns or small bread rolls to make these delicious mini sandwiches!
- WHAT TO SUBSTITUTE FOR GUINNESS BEER: You can use all water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, or a can of beef broth plus water. You’ll need a total of 4 cups of liquid.
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH A CORNED BEEF SANDWICH: Kettle chips, fruit, and an ice-cold beer!
- Category: Appetizers, Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American, Irish
Keywords: Corned Beef Sliders, Easy Party Sandwiches, Hawaiian Roll Slider Recipe, Mini Sandwiches