Scrumptious Halloween brownie bites are a beautiful way to usher in the fabulous fall season! Festive, inviting and super cute, these tiny homemade brownies are so delightful. The younger sibling to my super popular Halloween brownies, these delicious two-bite Halloween desserts are the perfect choice for a fun party table. Although they’re tiny, they really stand out among cakes, cookies, and other treats!
Ingredients for Brownie Bites
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy brownie recipe: butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, room-temperature eggs, dark cocoa powder, table salt, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. The ingredients for the chocolate frosting recipe are as follows: softened butter, powdered sugar, natural cocoa powder, salt, heavy cream, and vanilla. For garnishing and decor: Halloween candy sprinkles and Halloween party picks.
Easy Brownie Recipe
Here’s how to make these yummy Halloween brownie bites! Start by generously greasing a 24-well mini-muffin pan, then putting it aside. My pan is non-stick, but I still butter down each well. I want to make sure the brownies can either slide out of the pan, or can easily be removed by moving a mini-spatula up and down around the circumference of each of the baked brownies. Adjust your oven rack to the middle position. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter, vanilla (I use pure Mexican vanilla extract), and granulated sugar. With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix these ingredients together. Crack each egg into the bowl, one by one, and stir to incorporate. Add the Dutch-process cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Measure out the flour and add to the bowl. Mix until fully combined.
Halloween Brownie Bites
Bake your mini brownie bites for about 15-16 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of two different brownies comes out clean. Keep an eye on things, as you don’t want these beauties to be over baked! With dark-colored recipes like this one, it’s often hard to visually see when the recipe is done. Transfer the brownie bites to a cooling rack. Once they’re fully cooled, they’re ready to be frosted. Decorate your Halloween desserts with sprinkles. Crown each with a festive party pick!
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
While your homemade brownies are in the oven, pull out the ingredients for the chocolate frosting. Beat the very soft, room-temperature butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until it’s light and creamy. For this chocolate frosting recipe, you can use either the flat beater attachment or the wire whip. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and beat the mixture on low speed for about 30 seconds.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for Halloween Brownie Bites
Increase the mixing speed to high until the frosting reaches a smooth and fluffy texture. This takes about two minutes. During the mixing process, use a rubber spatula to scrape down the bowl as needed. Transfer the chocolate frosting to a piping bag with tip and refrigerate until needed. If you don’t have a decorating bag, you can always use a zip-top kitchen bag (I like the thicker ones for the freezer). Snip one corner of the bag. Push push the head of the tip through the opening.
Adorable Halloween Brownie Bites
Frost your Halloween brownies. Sprinkle each with colorful fall jimmies. Add a Halloween party pick in the center. For a beautiful presentation transfer the mini brownies to a cake stand. Before serving these treats to family and guests, reserve one for yourself! Here at home I’ll put out all the treats for family and guests to snack on. Later when I have a moment to relax and I’m looking forward to enjoying some Halloween desserts, I find they’ve all been gobbled up!
Kitchen Tools for Brownie Recipe and Chocolate Frosting
The beautiful blue KitchenAid Mixer below was a Mother’s Day gift from my husband. I love that the head of this appliance tilts back. This makes it super easy to add ingredients to the mixing bowl. When working in the kitchen, it’s always fun to have a special fall mixing bowl. I like those that can double as a serving bowl or a decorative piece. It’s easy to add a festive touch to your kitchen with Halloween dish towels! When it comes to fall serving pieces, I find myself reaching for my lovely black cake stand. The one below is nicer than mine and will last for years to come!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cocoa Powder
Types of Cocoa Powder for Recipes
If you enjoy baking, it’s best to have two basic types of cocoa powder in your pantry: natural unsweetened and dark/Dutch process. The leavening product required for your recipe will largely determine which type of powder is best to use. Although you can now find a host of different varieties at the market, to keep things simple we’ll just stick to covering the basic two!
- NATURAL UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER: This type of cocoa powder is non-alkalized. It has an acidic and bitter taste! In the U.S. it’s what most of our grandmothers used, simply because other types were not readily available.
- DARK COCOA POWDER/DUTCH-PROCESS: This type of cocoa powder has been alkalized. As the cocoa nibs are processed, an alkaline solution is used to remove that naturally-occurring bitterness and acidity. This results in a darker-colored powder that has a nice mellow flavor.
What kind of cocoa powder do you use for baking?
Use these helpful tips to determine which type of cocoa powder to use in recipes:
- RECIPES WITH BAKING SODA : Use natural unsweetened.
- RECIPES WITH BAKING POWDER & BAKING SODA: Natural unsweetened.
- RECIPES WITH BAKING POWDER: You can use either type.
- RECIPES WITH NO LEAVENING INGREDIENT: You can use either one.
HALLOWEEN DESSERTS > PIN IT TO PINTEREST!
Save this delicious Halloween desserts recipe for later. Pin it to Pinterest right now!
MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX is a quick easy recipe your whole family will enjoy! Among Halloween party ideas, this one’s a favorite!
Are you looking forward to whipping up some fabulous Halloween desserts? These scrumptious HALLOWEEN BROWNIES are a huge crowd pleaser!
Quick, easy SODA POP CUPCAKES are a vintage Halloween treat! If you’re looking for a simple, low-cost recipe, this is it!
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN PUNCH is a two-ingredient recipe that’s a real time-saver. It’s super popular with kids of all ages, and those that are young at heart!
Beautiful CANDY CORN JELLO CUPS are the star of any potluck or dessert tables. These adorable Halloween desserts are super inexpensive and simple to make!
Adorable Halloween brownie bites are one of the best Halloween dessert ideas for parties, fall bake sales, and family movie nights. These delicious homemade brownies with scrumptious chocolate frosting are very easy to make. This brownie recipe is destined to become one of your all-time favorites!
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIE BITES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder (Dutch process)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup), room temperature/softened
- 3 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural cocoa powder)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (same as heavy cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
GARNISHES AND DECOR
- Halloween jimmies
- Halloween party picks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 24-cavity mini-muffin pan with butter. Put it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir to blend the ingredients together. Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition. Measure the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and add them to the bowl. Mix to combine. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly between the holes in the muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of two different brownies comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
- Allow the brownie bites to cool in the pan until they can be safely removed and transferred to a wire rack. If the brownies do not easily slip out of the pan, gently move a thin silicone spatula up and down around the edges of the brownies to help release them from the muffin tin.
- Once the brownies have fully cooled, turn the brownies upside down and pipe frosting onto the bottoms. Sprinkle the frosting with Halloween jimmies. Insert a festive party pick into the center of each brownie.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the wire whisk or paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Start by beating on low speed. Gradually increase the speed to high. Mix for approximately 2 minutes, or until the chocolate frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- How to adjust for desired consistency: For thinner frosting, add a little more cream. For thicker frosting, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Transfer the chocolate frosting to a pastry bag with coupler and tip. You can also use a kitchen zip-top freezer bag with one corner snipped off and a decorating tip inserted. Refrigerate until needed.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween brownie bites, brownie bites recipe
BROWNIE BITES > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Are you excited to celebrate Halloween? What are your favorite Halloween desserts? Would you love to snack on a few of these yummy Halloween brownies? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Join the conversation in the comments below.