Adorable Halloween brownie bites are one of the best Halloween dessert ideas for parties, fall bake sales, and family movie nights. These delicious homemade brownies with scrumptious chocolate frosting are very easy to make. This brownie recipe is destined to become one of your all-time favorites!
INGREDIENTS FOR BROWNIE BITES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder (Dutch process)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup), room temperature/softened
- 3 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (natural cocoa powder)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (same as heavy cream)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
GARNISHES AND DECOR
- Halloween jimmies
- Halloween party picks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 24-cavity mini-muffin pan with butter. Put it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir to blend the ingredients together. Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition. Measure the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and add them to the bowl. Mix to combine. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide the brownie batter evenly between the holes in the muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of two different brownies comes out clean. Do not over-bake!
- Allow the brownie bites to cool in the pan until they can be safely removed and transferred to a wire rack. If the brownies do not easily slip out of the pan, gently move a thin silicone spatula up and down around the edges of the brownies to help release them from the muffin tin.
- Once the brownies have fully cooled, turn the brownies upside down and pipe frosting onto the bottoms. Sprinkle the frosting with Halloween jimmies. Insert a festive party pick into the center of each brownie.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the wire whisk or paddle attachment, beat the butter until light and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Start by beating on low speed. Gradually increase the speed to high. Mix for approximately 2 minutes, or until the chocolate frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- How to adjust for desired consistency: For thinner frosting, add a little more cream. For thicker frosting, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Transfer the chocolate frosting to a pastry bag with coupler and tip. You can also use a kitchen zip-top freezer bag with one corner snipped off and a decorating tip inserted. Refrigerate until needed.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween brownie bites, brownie bites recipe