his shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #FlauntYourHaunt #MarsHalloweenCountdown #Collectivebias
A Halloween Countdown Calendar increases the excitement of celebrating a whole month of spooks and scares, terror and treats! Today I’ll show you how to make your Halloween countdown extra special. So roll up your sleeves, and let’s get started!
LET THE FUN BEGIN > HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN!
Counting down to Halloween with this fun Halloween calendar builds anticipation day by day. Because Halloween is not just a night. It’s an entire season of festive activities and memory making with your family.
HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN CALENDAR MATERIALS
These are the materials you’ll need for this easy DIY project:
- 1 bag STARBURST® Fruit Chews FUN SIZE® Variety Mix
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Pumpkins
- 1 large piece of orange felt, 22″ x 30″
- 3 Green felt sheets, 9″ x 12″
- 2 Black felt sheets, 9″ x 12″
- 1 Gray felt sheet, 9″ x 12″
- 1 Brown felt sheet, 9″ x 12″
- 1 Orange felt sheet, 9″ x 12″
- OPTIONAL: 1 Yellow felt sheet for lighted windows
- PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN CALENDAR TEMPLATES
- 1 Wooden dowel, 5/8″ x 25″
- Rope for hanging
- School glue
- Super glue
- Black permanent marker, fine-point
- Black or blue pen
- OPTIONAL: Number stickers
- Small age-appropriate toys
BOO IT BETTER THIS HALLOWEEN > MORE FLAUNT YOUR HAUNT IDEAS!
Ready to tick off every box on your shopping list? Prepping for this festive season is easier than ever. With one-stop shopping find all the supplies you need for your Halloween calendar in just one place: Walmart!
Click the image below to start shopping now!
DIY HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN CALENDAR
Get your printer, scissors and ink pen ready! This DIY project is easy to make with these PRINTABLE HALLOWEEN CALENDAR TEMPLATES.
HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN CALENDAR
Follow these step-by-step instructions for how to make a Halloween calendar.
- STEP 1: Print out the templates on white paper. With scissors, cut out the shapes. To avoid confusion, work with one template (one color) at a time.
- STEP 2: With a pen, trace each white-paper shape onto the felt sheet of the indicated color. See helpful tip below for working with black felt. Carefully cut out each shape. If you prefer “lighted windows” on your haunted house, use the yellow felt rather than the orange. To make window panes on the pieces of felt for the windows, use a black marker to draw a “+” on each. NOTE: The first-floor windows and door each consist of 2 layers of orange felt in order to make them look uniform with the other pockets.
- STEP 3: Find a good working space. Spread out the large piece of orange felt on a clean table or large piece of cardboard. Arrange the small felt cutouts onto the large sheet of felt as per the template.
- STEP 4: Once everything’s in place, carefully glue each piece onto the large felt following the numbering sequence on the template. Example: the 2 large brown rectangles (numbers 1 & 2 on the template) are the first pieces to be glued. Give the glue time to dry.
HELPFUL TIP FOR BLACK FELT SHAPES: Glue the (cut out) white-paper template shape, printed side down, onto the black felt. Example: when gluing the template onto the felt, the witch character should be facing right, which is the opposite direction of what the final product will be. This will provide more stability when cutting out these delicate shapes for your Halloween countdown calendar.
DIY HALLOWEEN CALENDAR
Here’s how to complete this DIY project. Start by placing the Halloween calendar upside down on a clean surface. Follow the steps below.
- STEP 1: Put glue on the wooden dowel. Center it at the top of the calendar’s backside. Roll it towards the bottom one full turn. Put weight on top and let it dry.
- STEP 2: Tie a thin rope at each end of the dowel leaving sufficient slack so it can stretch about 5 inches in the middle when you hang it.
TRICK OR TREAT
With Mars candy and a few fun toys, it’s easy to fill the date pockets on your Halloween calendar. Each morning your children will look forward to trick or treating and counting down the days to Halloween!
CANDY FOR HALLOWEEN CALENDAR > NUTRITION FACTS
We stuffed the pockets of our Halloween countdown calendar with scrumptious Mars candy. Here’s nutrition information for the 5 types of candies.
CREATING MEMORABLE MOMENTS
Creating opportunities for memorable moments is an important part of raising children. With simple traditions like a Halloween countdown calendar, it’s easy to make special memories your family will treasure for years to come.
HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
How will you make this Halloween season memorable for your family? Would you like to have a Halloween countdown calendar? Share your thoughts below!