Ready for a cup of hot cocoa? Make the moment a fun visual experience with a Halloween hot cocoa bomb! They’re quick and easy to make. Perfect for Halloween parties and all season long.
DIY HOT CHOCOLATE POWDER MIX
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white chocolate, chopped (from a solid baking bar like Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
HOT COCOA BOMB INGREDIENTS
- DIY Hot chocolate powder mix (above)
- 16 ounces vanilla candy coating*
- Candy eyes
*WHERE TO FIND VANILLA CANDY COATING: Find this product at any major grocery store or online. It’s also known as: vanilla-flavored almond bark, white chocolate bark, white candy melts, vanilla-flavored candy wafers. The type I used here is Vanilla Candy Coating by Good & Gather, a Target store in-house brand.
RECIPE PREP: Wash 2 silicone molds with warm soapy water. Dry with a lint-free cloth. Any speck or residue on the molds will cause blemishes on the candy. For beautiful hot chocolate bombs the molds must be very clean.
- Assemble DIY hot chocolate powder mix. In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chopped white chocolate. Mix well. Add mini marshmallows to the bowl. Toss until combined.
- Melt vanilla candy coating according to package directions. Add 2 tablespoons melted candy to 12 wells of silicone molds. Reserve leftover candy coating for later. With a pastry brush or spoon, “paint” chocolate thickly and evenly over each mold. Transfer to fridge to set (about 10 minutes.)
- Carefully remove “bowls” from molds. Transfer to mini baking tray. Fill each of 6 bowls with 2 tablespoons DIY cocoa mix.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat until just warm. Work with one empty chocolate bowl at a time. Put open side of the bowl down on the warm skillet very briefly, about 1 to 2 seconds, to lightly melt the edges. Immediately remove from skillet. Place the empty bowl on top of a bowl filled with cocoa mix. Gently press the 2 pieces together to seal.
- Remelt the leftover vanilla candy coating. Transfer to a plastic bag. With scissors, slice off a small piece of one corner. Drizzle melted white candy over the filled hot chocolate bombs. While the drizzle is still wet, attach 2 candy eyes to front or top of each. Stick the tray of cocoa bombs into the fridge to set.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutues
- Chill Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cocoa Bombs, Halloween Hot Cocoa Bombs, Hot Chocolate Bombs, Mummy Halloween Cocoa Bombs