This colorful Halloween treat mix is a M&M’S candy and popcorn lover’s delight! Perfect for family movie night, this sweet-and-salty treat mix is also ideal for neighborhood parties, October birthdays, and fall festivals.
PIN HALLOWEEN TREAT MIX
Start prepping for a month of spooks, scares, terror and treats!
INGREDIENTS + SUPPLIES
Get ready for a spine-tingling movie night! These are the ingredients and supplies you’ll need to make this ghoulish Halloween treat mix plus special popcorn bags for serving.
- M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- M&M’S® Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- White popcorn
- White paper bags with handles
- PRINTABLE TEMPLATE FOR SPIDERS, GHOSTS AND BATS
- Bottle of glue
HOW TO ASSEMBLE TREAT BAGS
Our stunning black-and-white popcorn bags, and special Halloween treat mix, are quick and easy to assemble. Here’s how to do it:
- STEP 1: Print out the template for the spiders, bats and ghosts. Cut out the pieces. With a pencil, trace the figures on a black sheet of paper. Use scissors to cut them out.
- STEP 2: Glue one spooky character onto each white bag.
- STEP 3: Assemble the popcorn candy mix: In a large bowl add freshly-popped popcorn. After the heat has been shed, add the colorful Halloween M&M’S®: Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix, Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix, and Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix. Toss to combine the popcorn and candies.
- STEP 4: Transfer the popcorn candy mix to the individual Halloween treat bags.
HELPFUL TIP: It’s fun to get creative and mix things up! Instead of white bags with black cut-outs, use black paper bags with white cut-outs!
HALLOWEEN TREAT MIX
This Halloween treat mix is very popular. When hosting large groups for movie night, I highly recommend making several extra batches. When entertaining and hosting big parties it’s always best to have more treats on hand than not enough!
EXCITING HALLOWEEN IDEAS
It’s time to cook up some ghoulish Halloween fun! Explore 61 days of exciting Halloween ideas here > FLAUNT YOUR HAUNT
HALLOWEEN MOVIE NIGHT TICKETS
Get your printer and scissors ready! Make your Halloween movie night extra festive with these PRINTABLE MOVIE NIGHT TICKETS.
HOW TO SET UP A HALLOWEEN MOVIE NIGHT TABLE
With Halloween popcorn bags and a few decorative items, it’s easy to put together a spooky movie night table!
- Make a simple wall decoration. Cut out the letters for the word “BOO” from an inexpensive black styrofoam board.
- When taping decorations to a wall, protect the paint: use blue tape.
- Cover a small table with a white tablecloth. You can also use a white sheet that’s been folded in half.
- Use a crate, box, or cake stand to create interest and height.
- Set up a few Halloween decorations.
- Display your festive movie night treat bags.
- Add two black spider webs to each end of the table. Set them up in an artful way.
- Set out an extra batch of popcorn candy mix in a black caldron or a large bowl.
- Add a festive splash of color by placing the three types of M&M’S® in small bowls or shallow plates.
- For a stylish movie night table, keep things simple and uncluttered. This is one of those times when less is more! The focal point should be the Halloween popcorn bags filled with Halloween treat mix.
Halloween Treat Mix
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
This popular Halloween treat mix is super easy to make! Perfect for movie night, fall festivals, Halloween parties, and weekend enjoyment. Fill spooky Halloween treat bags with this colorful candy-popcorn mix!
- 8 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- Microwave the bags of popcorn one at time per package instructions.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Allow the popcorn to shed all heat.
- Sprinkle the candies into the bowl. Gently toss the candy and popcorn together.
HOW TO SERVE: Fill DIY treat bags with this spooky Halloween snack mix!
EXPERT TIP: When hosting a big movie night party I recommend having enough ingredients on hand for additional batches of Halloween treat mix if needed.
- Prep Time: 3 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween treat mix, treat mix, popcorn
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR HALLOWEEN CANDY
HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX + TREAT BAGS > YOUR THOUGHTS
How will you celebrate the Halloween season? Would you enjoy hosting a movie night with this scrumptious Halloween snack mix? Which DIY treat bags do you like best? Join the conversation in the comments below!
21 thoughts on “Halloween Treat Mix”
Thanks for the recipe for the treat bags. It really helps to understand the proportions for the mixture.
I love all of these ideas for Halloween. Thank you for sharing these creative ideas!
I love the way you decorated and the treat bags are perfect. You are ready for Halloween!
I always love coming up with fun treat ideas. I am really looking forward to it this year!
I love preparing themed treats especially for Halloween! They’re just so much fun to make for the family! I am loving this one, it’s perfect for movie night.
This treat mix looks incredible! My kids would love to receive one of these treat bags!
These treat bags are absolutely amazing. This is such a good idea for Halloween – I’m really getting into the spirit (already!). Less than a month away. Yay!
What a pretty treat mix! We love Halloween, and it is fun to have some more ideas for things to do.
I can feel the Halloween spirit already. You have a great artistic talent with DIYs. You made it look so easy to do.
These are all awesome! I love DIYs to literally everything. Your ideas are pretty cool.
Great ideas for a Halloween party! I love the “movie night” theme and the DIY treat bags are great!
GIRL – you are READDYYYYY for Halloween parties – I hope you have like 10, because you’re the hostess with the mostest!
Yum, I love this! I’m all about treats. I might have to make a few and pass them out.
Such cute ideas! My kiddos are going to love all of this!
Such a fun idea for kids. I like that this is an activity that the littles can do all by themselves . Perfect for a classroom party and snack.
Sweet and salty is my fave combo! And this looks super simple to make!
This is so sweet!! Love the idea of making a goodie bag
These are really cool ideas. Looking forward to making the treat mix for my family.
This is such a fun idea! So perfect to hand out at a Halloween party this year!
It is October 1 and I have not gotten ready yet for Halloween. Those treat bags are a great way to celebrate and really are a festive decoration.
I love your decor! Finding M & M’s in popcorn would be a delicious surprise.