This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
This yummy Halloween treat mix sweet and salty, and easy to make. We toss fluffy white popcorn with 3 types of colorful, seasonal M&M candies. We serve this snack in DIY Halloween treat bags. It’s perfect for Halloween parties, fall festivals, and haunted movie nights.
🛒 Ingredients & Supplies
Get ready for a spine-tingling movie night! These are the ingredients and supplies you’ll need to make this ghoulish Halloween treat mix plus special popcorn bags for serving it.
- M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- M&M’S® Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- White popcorn
- White paper bags with handles
- PRINTABLE TEMPLATE FOR SPIDERS, GHOSTS AND BATS
- Bottle of glue
👻 How to Make Halloween Treat Bags
Our stunning black-and-white popcorn bags, and special Halloween treat mix, are quick and easy to assemble. Here’s how to do it:
- STEP 1: Print out the template for the spiders, bats and ghosts. Cut out the pieces. With a pencil, trace the figures on a black sheet of paper. Use scissors to cut them out.
- STEP 2: Glue one spooky character onto each white bag.
- STEP 3: Assemble the popcorn candy mix: In a large bowl add freshly-popped popcorn. After the heat has been shed, add the colorful Halloween M&M’S®: Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix, Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix, and Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix. Toss to combine the popcorn and candies.
- STEP 4: Transfer the popcorn candy mix to the individual Halloween treat bags.
👉🏻 HELPFUL TIP: It’s fun to get creative and mix things up! Instead of white bags with black cut-outs, use black paper bags with white cut-outs!
🥣 Halloween Treat Mix
This Halloween treat mix is very popular. When hosting large groups for movie night, I highly recommend making several extra batches. When entertaining and hosting big parties it’s always best to have more treats on hand than not enough!
🕷Spooky Halloween Ideas
It’s time to cook up some ghoulish Halloween fun! Explore 61 days of exciting Halloween ideas here > FLAUNT YOUR HAUNT
🎟 Make Halloween Movie Night Tickets
Get your printer and scissors ready! Make your Halloween movie night extra festive with these PRINTABLE MOVIE NIGHT TICKETS.
🎥 Set up a Halloween Movie Night Table
With Halloween popcorn bags and a few decorative items, it’s easy to put together a spooky movie night table!
- Make a simple wall decoration. Cut out the letters for the word “BOO” from an inexpensive black styrofoam board.
- When taping decorations to a wall, protect the paint: use blue tape.
- Cover a small table with a white tablecloth. You can also use a white sheet that’s been folded in half.
- Use a crate, box, or cake stand to create interest and height.
- Set up a few Halloween decorations.
- Display your festive movie night treat bags.
- Add two black spider webs to each end of the table. Set them up in an artful way.
- Set out an extra batch of popcorn candy mix in a black caldron or a large bowl.
- Add a festive splash of color by placing the three types of M&M’S® in small bowls or shallow plates.
- For a stylish movie night table, keep things simple and uncluttered. This is one of those times when less is more! The focal point should be the Halloween popcorn bags filled with Halloween treat mix.
🎃 More Halloween Treats
- Green Popcorn Slime
- Mummy Halloween Pop Tarts
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Mummy Hot Dogs
Rate This Recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers say this is the BEST Halloween treat mix. They loved the sweet/salty taste of the white popcorn and Halloween candies. They hoorayed the sheer simplicity of this easy treat mix recipe. They appreciated the printables for making treat bags and movie night tickets.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
This popular Halloween treat mix is super easy to make! Perfect for movie night, fall festivals, Halloween parties, and weekend enjoyment. Fill spooky Halloween treat bags with this colorful candy-popcorn mix!
- 8 bags of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- 1/2 bag M&M’S® Caramel Chocolate Candies Ghoul’s Mix
- Microwave the bags of popcorn one at time per package instructions.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Allow the popcorn to shed all heat.
- Sprinkle the candies into the bowl. Gently toss the candy and popcorn together.
HOW TO SERVE: Fill DIY treat bags with this spooky Halloween snack mix!
EXPERT TIP: When hosting a big movie night party I recommend having enough ingredients on hand for additional batches of Halloween treat mix if needed.
- Prep Time: 3 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween treat mix, treat mix, popcorn
Halloween Treat Mix 👉🏻 Your Thoughts
Are you excited to make this easy Halloween treat mix? Which DIY treat bags do you like best? Join the conversation in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you.