Ham and cheese pockets are the perfect lunch or mid-day snack for home, school or work. This is a quick easy recipe the whole family will enjoy. As homemade hot pockets are pulled out of the oven everyone will be drooling!
ABOUT HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS
Ham and cheese pockets are delicious, flaky, and deeply satisfying. If you have a large family, I recommend making a double or triple batch. Hot pockets are great for weekly meal planning and meal prepping.
PUFF PASTRY DOUGH FOR HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS
Although you can use frozen puff pastry sheets to make this recipe, I make my own homemade puff pastry. Why? Because it’s super quick and easy, and I think it tastes 100 times better than its store-bought version. You too can make this awesome puff pastry recipe in just 15 minutes with three simple ingredients!
KITCHEN TOOLS FOR HOMEMADE HOT POCKETS
These wonderful kitchen tools will help you get the job done! They’re perfect for making yummy ham and cheese pockets.
MORE IDEAS FOR HOMEMADE HOT POCKETS
For the ham and cheese pockets above I used thinly sliced ham for four of the pockets and Canadian bacon with extra cheese for the other half. Below are additional ideas for making homemade hot pockets:
- Chicken and cheese
- Bacon and cheese
- Pepperoni and cheese
- Seasoned beef and cheese
- Scrambled egg and cheese
- Broccoli and cheese
- Jalapenos and cheese
Delicious ham and cheese pockets are simple and easy to make. This recipe is perfect for a mid-week lunch or a quick weekend snack!
- 2 batches of homemade puff pastry dough (see link to the recipe within this post)
- 4–8 slices cheddar cheese, cut to size
- 8 slices ham or Canadian bacon (more if preferred)
- 1 egg, cracked & whisked with a fork
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out each batch of dough into a 12X8-inch rectangle. Slice into fourths.
- Arrange ham and cheese on the top half of each section of puff pastry dough. The amount of ham and cheese used is according to personal preference! Brush whisked egg on all four sides of each puff pastry section. For each pocket, fold the bottom up and over the filling.
- Using your fingertips, lightly press edges of dough together to seal the pocket. Press a fork around three edges of each pocket to further seal the dough. Brush the top of each pocket with a bit of the whisked egg. Prick the tops with a fork so steam can vent out while baking. Arrange Ham & Cheese Pockets on a pizza stone or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven. Allow ham and cheese pockets to cool off a bit before serving.
Instead of homemade puff pastry you can use store-bought product: 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets, 17 ounces (2 sheets). Cut each frozen sheet into four squares. Lightly roll out the two sheets so they’re a bit larger in size. Cut each sheet into fourths.
- Category: Lunch, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ham and Cheese Pockets, Lunch, Snack
RECIPES TO MAKE ASAP
If you loved this yummy ham and cheese pocket recipe, you’ll enjoy these recipes too!
Puff Pastry With 3 Ingredients in 15 Minutes >> How to Make Puff Pastry
The Best Comfort Food Recipe >> Guinness Shepherd’s Pie
Caramel Popcorn Recipe >> How to Make Caramel Popcorn
HAM AND CHEESE POCKETS – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have other ideas for making homemade hot pockets? What’s your favorite filling? Share your thoughts about ham and cheese pockets in the comments below!