This tasty tuna wrap is packed with vibrant, delicious flavors. Healthy tuna, a mix of fresh veggies, corn and beans are drizzled with a zesty chipotle mayo. The savory filling is tightly wrapped in tender flour tortilla lined with crisp lettuce.
For Chipotle Mayo
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
For Tuna Wrap Filling & Tortilla
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, or 2 (2.6-ounce) pouches StarKist Selects EVOO
- 2 tablespoons canned corn, drained well
- 2 tablespoons canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 large leaves of Romaine lettuce, or butter lettuce
- 3 tortilla wraps, or 3 large (10 to 12-inch) flour tortillas
- Prep the chipotle mayo sauce. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, chipotle powder, salt and black pepper. Mix until smooth and blended.
- Open the can (or pouches) of tuna and drain off the liquid. Add the contents to a medium mixing bowl. Flake the tuna with a fork, breaking up any large chunks. Add the corn, beans, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. Toss to combine. Pour 3/4 of the chipotle mayo over the top. Mix well with a fork. If you prefer a creamier blend, add in the rest of the sauce.
- Lay a tortilla wrap on a board. Place a large leaf of lettuce over the wrap. Add a scoop of the tuna filling in the center of the lettuce. Spread it out vertically, leaving a large empty border around the edges.
- Fold in the sides of the wrap toward the middle – just like making a burrito. Fold the bottom of the wrap upward and then roll the wrap tightly. With a sharp knife, cut the wrap in half at an angle.
- Repeat this process for the remaining wraps, or save the remaining filling for later. Transfer unused filling to an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
How to make this tuna wrap healthier: Use low-fat mayo and low-fat sour cream. You can also substitute hummus for the chipotle mayo. If desired, skip the tortilla wrap and make lettuce wraps instead.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tuna Wrap, Healthy Tuna Wrap